Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Prospect!

  • hala fawzi
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
      Dear Jane,
      Congratulations .I hope this feeling will last forever,the feeling of success after working for a whole year!!!! This means you have to work as a bee,,just like our Bee.!!!!
      Fortunately,it has to do with our work as EAP teachers.
      Yes, I am interested to know more information.
      Hala.
      Jane Petring <want2no7@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone--and apologies for cross-posting,

      I have in my hands, fresh off the press, the textbook I've been working on for the last year: "Prospect: English Skills for Academic and Professional Purposes" It's a two-volume set (reading/discussion and grammar) designed for low-intermediate ESL college (post-secondary) students in vocational and academic programs, published by Les Editions CEC here in Quebec. The book uses Canadian spelling (which tends to be closer to British spelling, e.g. colour, theatre, realisation) and any reference to measurements are in metric. The classroom set comes with videos, audio exercises, an answer key and a teacher's manual (which I'm still madly working on to get finished before mid-December). The whole set will be ready for adoption in January. If anyone is interested in more information, just let me know.

      Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with blogs, podcasting or teleconferencing!

      Jane Petring
      Collège Édouard-Montpetit

    • cristina costa
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
        Dear Jane,
        congrats!
        Hard work really pays off.
        I am proud of you.
        beijinhos
        cris

        My blog: http://por-aguas-virtuais.blogspot.com/
        My students' blog: http://fromstemtostern.blogspot.com
        msn: navysternchen@...
        Skype ID: navysternchen
        YM ID: cristinacosta_pt
      • Susan Bates
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
          Congratulations from Vancouver Jane! Hey can you send us a copy at VCC
          International Ed? I'd love to hear more about the videos. Could you
          elaborate?

          Susan
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Jane Petring
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
            Thank you Hala and Cristina for your Congradulations!

            It just occurred to me that although I said the book had nothing to
            do with blogs, podcasts or teleconferencing, there actually is a
            link. After my first EVO in 2004 I gave a workshop on blogs at a
            conference here in Quebec and was then approached by a publisher who
            wondered if I'd be interested in writing a textbook with them.

            It just goes to show you never know where Webhead connections will
            lead!

            Jane

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, hala fawzi