Re: Prospect!

  • Jane Petring
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
      Aiden, Leanne, Teresa--
      Thank you very much for your congrats. I'll let you know when Prospect is available on-line. We're still madly working to get the Answer key, Teacher's Manual, Audios and Videos finished. Desk copies of the books were sent out to college teachers in Quebec this week and my publisher reports we already have quite a few orders. You're right Teresa--it's like my baby is being sent out to the world!

      Jane

    • hala fawzi
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
        Dear Jane,
        Congratulations .I hope this feeling will last forever,the feeling of success after working for a whole year!!!! This means you have to work as a bee,,just like our Bee.!!!!
        Fortunately,it has to do with our work as EAP teachers.
        Yes, I am interested to know more information.
        Hala.
        Jane Petring <want2no7@...> wrote:
        Hi everyone--and apologies for cross-posting,

        I have in my hands, fresh off the press, the textbook I've been working on for the last year: "Prospect: English Skills for Academic and Professional Purposes" It's a two-volume set (reading/discussion and grammar) designed for low-intermediate ESL college (post-secondary) students in vocational and academic programs, published by Les Editions CEC here in Quebec. The book uses Canadian spelling (which tends to be closer to British spelling, e.g. colour, theatre, realisation) and any reference to measurements are in metric. The classroom set comes with videos, audio exercises, an answer key and a teacher's manual (which I'm still madly working on to get finished before mid-December). The whole set will be ready for adoption in January. If anyone is interested in more information, just let me know.

        Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with blogs, podcasting or teleconferencing!

        Jane Petring
        Collège Édouard-Montpetit

      • cristina costa
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
          Dear Jane,
          congrats!
          Hard work really pays off.
          I am proud of you.
          beijinhos
          cris

          My blog: http://por-aguas-virtuais.blogspot.com/
          My students' blog: http://fromstemtostern.blogspot.com
          msn: navysternchen@...
          Skype ID: navysternchen
          YM ID: cristinacosta_pt
        • Susan Bates
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
            Congratulations from Vancouver Jane! Hey can you send us a copy at VCC
            International Ed? I'd love to hear more about the videos. Could you
            elaborate?

            Susan
[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Jane Petring
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
              Thank you Hala and Cristina for your Congradulations!

              It just occurred to me that although I said the book had nothing to
              do with blogs, podcasts or teleconferencing, there actually is a
              link. After my first EVO in 2004 I gave a workshop on blogs at a
              conference here in Quebec and was then approached by a publisher who
              wondered if I'd be interested in writing a textbook with them.

              It just goes to show you never know where Webhead connections will
              lead!

              Jane

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, hala fawzi