Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Prospect!

  • Leanne Mackenzie
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
      Hi Jane,
      Bravo! I'm sure you're glad that challenge has been
      met. Thanks for letting your fellow WebHeads know of
      your success and the availability of what I'm sure
      will be an asset to anyone's personal library. And in
      "Canadian"!
      Please let me know details about when, where and how I
      can get my hands on a copy.

      hugs,
      Leanne

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
        Dear Jane,

        Kudos to you! I sure know the feeling of having "our" end product fresh off
        the press in our hands. It's almost like a new-born child! That's why I say
        that I have four children: two in flesh & bone, and two in paper! :-)

        I hope "Prospect" is a big success!

        Warm hugs,

        Teresa

        Hi everyone--and apologies for cross-posting,

        I have in my hands, fresh off the press, the textbook I've been working on
        for the last year: "Prospect: English Skills for Academic and Professional
        Purposes" It's a two-volume set (reading/discussion and grammar) designed
        for low-intermediate ESL college (post-secondary) students in vocational and
        academic programs, published by Les Editions CEC here in Quebec. The book
        uses Canadian spelling (which tends to be closer to British spelling, e.g.
        colour, theatre, realisation) and any reference to measurements are in
        metric. The classroom set comes with videos, audio exercises, an answer key
        and a teacher's manual (which I'm still madly working on to get finished
        before mid-December). The whole set will be ready for adoption in January.
        If anyone is interested in more information, just let me know.

        Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with blogs, podcasting or
        teleconferencing!

        Jane Petring
        Collège Édouard-Montpetit
      • Jane Petring
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
          Aiden, Leanne, Teresa--
          Thank you very much for your congrats. I'll let you know when Prospect is available on-line. We're still madly working to get the Answer key, Teacher's Manual, Audios and Videos finished. Desk copies of the books were sent out to college teachers in Quebec this week and my publisher reports we already have quite a few orders. You're right Teresa--it's like my baby is being sent out to the world!

          Jane

        • hala fawzi
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
            Dear Jane,
            Congratulations .I hope this feeling will last forever,the feeling of success after working for a whole year!!!! This means you have to work as a bee,,just like our Bee.!!!!
            Fortunately,it has to do with our work as EAP teachers.
            Yes, I am interested to know more information.
            Hala.
            Jane Petring <want2no7@...> wrote:
[...]

          • cristina costa
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
              Dear Jane,
              congrats!
              Hard work really pays off.
              I am proud of you.
              beijinhos
              cris

              My blog: http://por-aguas-virtuais.blogspot.com/
              My students' blog: http://fromstemtostern.blogspot.com
              msn: navysternchen@...
              Skype ID: navysternchen
              YM ID: cristinacosta_pt
            • Susan Bates
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
                Congratulations from Vancouver Jane! Hey can you send us a copy at VCC
                International Ed? I'd love to hear more about the videos. Could you
                elaborate?

                Susan
[...]

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Jane Petring
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
                  Thank you Hala and Cristina for your Congradulations!

                  It just occurred to me that although I said the book had nothing to
                  do with blogs, podcasts or teleconferencing, there actually is a
                  link. After my first EVO in 2004 I gave a workshop on blogs at a
                  conference here in Quebec and was then approached by a publisher who
                  wondered if I'd be interested in writing a textbook with them.

                  It just goes to show you never know where Webhead connections will
                  lead!

                  Jane

                  --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, hala fawzi