Prospect!

  • Jane Petring
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi everyone--and apologies for cross-posting,

      I have in my hands, fresh off the press, the textbook I've been working on for the last year: "Prospect: English Skills for Academic and Professional Purposes" It's a two-volume set (reading/discussion and grammar) designed for low-intermediate ESL college (post-secondary) students in vocational and academic programs, published by Les Editions CEC here in Quebec. The book uses Canadian spelling (which tends to be closer to British spelling, e.g. colour, theatre, realisation) and any reference to measurements are in metric. The classroom set comes with videos, audio exercises, an answer key and a teacher's manual (which I'm still madly working on to get finished before mid-December). The whole set will be ready for adoption in January. If anyone is interested in more information, just let me know.

      Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with blogs, podcasting or teleconferencing!

      Jane Petring
      Collège Édouard-Montpetit

    • Aiden Yeh
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
        Dear Jane,

        Congratulations! Your hard work has finally been paid off! :-)

        Will the book be available for purchase online?

        Hugs,

        aiden

        Jane Petring <want2no7@...> wrote:
[...]

      • Leanne Mackenzie
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
          Hi Jane,
          Bravo! I'm sure you're glad that challenge has been
          met. Thanks for letting your fellow WebHeads know of
          your success and the availability of what I'm sure
          will be an asset to anyone's personal library. And in
          "Canadian"!
          Please let me know details about when, where and how I
          can get my hands on a copy.

          hugs,
          Leanne

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
            Dear Jane,

            Kudos to you! I sure know the feeling of having "our" end product fresh off
            the press in our hands. It's almost like a new-born child! That's why I say
            that I have four children: two in flesh & bone, and two in paper! :-)

            I hope "Prospect" is a big success!

            Warm hugs,

            Teresa

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
              Aiden, Leanne, Teresa--
              Thank you very much for your congrats. I'll let you know when Prospect is available on-line. We're still madly working to get the Answer key, Teacher's Manual, Audios and Videos finished. Desk copies of the books were sent out to college teachers in Quebec this week and my publisher reports we already have quite a few orders. You're right Teresa--it's like my baby is being sent out to the world!

              Jane

            • hala fawzi
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2005
                Dear Jane,
                Congratulations .I hope this feeling will last forever,the feeling of success after working for a whole year!!!! This means you have to work as a bee,,just like our Bee.!!!!
                Fortunately,it has to do with our work as EAP teachers.
                Yes, I am interested to know more information.
                Hala.
[...]

              • cristina costa
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
                  Dear Jane,
                  congrats!
                  Hard work really pays off.
                  I am proud of you.
                  beijinhos
                  cris

                  My blog: http://por-aguas-virtuais.blogspot.com/
                  My students' blog: http://fromstemtostern.blogspot.com
                  msn: navysternchen@...
                  Skype ID: navysternchen
                  YM ID: cristinacosta_pt
                • Susan Bates
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
                    Congratulations from Vancouver Jane! Hey can you send us a copy at VCC
                    International Ed? I'd love to hear more about the videos. Could you
                    elaborate?

                    Susan
[...]

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Jane Petring
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 3, 2005
                      Thank you Hala and Cristina for your Congradulations!

                      It just occurred to me that although I said the book had nothing to
                      do with blogs, podcasts or teleconferencing, there actually is a
                      link. After my first EVO in 2004 I gave a workshop on blogs at a
                      conference here in Quebec and was then approached by a publisher who
                      wondered if I'd be interested in writing a textbook with them.

                      It just goes to show you never know where Webhead connections will
                      lead!

                      Jane

                      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, hala fawzi