My personal thanks !!

  • Rita Zeinstejer
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 21, 2005
      Dear Webheads,

      I have always wondered, in amazement, how like-minded people can somehow find their way to get together. At cafes, at restaurants, at dancing places., local citizens of similar interests manage to light upon a common spot to share their hobbies and passions.

      The atmosphere created, the environment, the style chosen for the decoration seem to do the trick.

      Surprisingly enough, and once again, our wrongly named "virtual world" seems to replicate life f2f .

      I remember some five years ago, when I started to push my way into the web and came across people in different countries interested in exploiting the tools the computer offers for language teaching and learning purposes.

      It was then when I first passed by John Hibb´s Global Day event, joined his trip and felt astonished at the experience and at the scope of his enterprise. I also remember visiting Barbara Dieu´s website and sensing her talent.

      Time went by and I met up with the Webhead Community, realizing this niche would be my inspiration, my café, my restaurant, my dancing place, where I would meet, not only dedicated colleagues and honorable people, but knowledgeable, generous mentors and thoughtful, true friends.

      Now John and Bee have also found their way into this stunning confluence of similar brains, all ready to explore, set off on new travels, ride along untrodden paths and share their achievements. And I have lately witnessed the pioneer spirit of Ruth Vilmi join the crew.

      To my growing astonishment, the miracle of "meeting" has extended its f2f realm.

      My innermost thanks to you, dear Vance, for having congregated all these souls in a fantastic, unique online Congress, and for giving me the chance to be part of the crew. Lots of thanks, also, to big hats like Dafne, Teresa, Michael Coghlan, Andrew Pincon, Jeff Lebow, Jonathan Finkelstein and many others who have added to the grandeur of this Congress. We have all profited from enlightening views, state-of-the-art technology, and the cutting edge of incredibly professional and humane members.

      Webheads are, undoubtedly, setting a new trend in education.

      With respect, admiration and gratitude,

      Rita

    • Candace Pauchnick
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 21, 2005
        Dear Rita and everyone,
        I just loved what you said, Rita, and couldn't agree more about how wonderful this entire convergence was. It has lifted my spirits of how truly great people are!!!

        I just wanted to take this moment to say I have not been actively involved, lately, in the emails and wasn'te able to visit many of the sessions as I had wanted. I am currently working on getting my Master's Degree in Educational Technology, along with teaching a full schedule at my high school. In fact, my principal decided to give me, in October, a brand new class of 9th grade English students. (This is added to my other classes of other topics I already teach) I haven't taught English in over 14 years. So that is an entirely new prep for me. I'm just barely staying afloat so that is why I haven't taken time to respond to all your warm, thoughtful, resourceful, wonderful emails. I love all of you Webheads and am looking forward to when I can actively participate in all your interactions.

        Hugs to all of you,
        Candace

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 22, 2005
          Dear Candace,

          Best of luck on your Master's and "take care" of yourself! We can only take
          so much!!!

          Hugs,

          Teresa

        • djn@dennisnewson.de
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 22, 2005
            Am I right that many, most of the recordings of the proceedings are not (yet) available?
            What's the score?

            As an example - David Nunan, Randall Davies

            Dennis
          • Dafne
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 22, 2005
              They are all available, Dennis

              Vance has a link to the recordings from the program page. Also, there are links from Alado and from LT.

              Daf

              djn@... wrote: Am I right that many, most of the recordings of the proceedings are not (yet) available?
              What's the score?

              As an example - David Nunan, Randall Davies

              Dennis

            • Wendy Seale-Bakes
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 25, 2005
                Dear Webheads,

                I've just read Rita's "My Personal Feelings" message and it articulated how
                I feel so well, I decided to write and say so.

                I'm one of those people who hasn't been very active lately, and to be
                honest, probably never will be. Workload and life responsibilities always
                take up too much time. I'm usually way behind in reading Webheads messages
                � but I've got a tremendous file system of resources and information thanks
                to you. Of course, that's not all.

                As Rita said, you're: "my caf�, my restaurant, my dancing place, where I
                would meet, not only dedicated colleagues and honorable people, but
                knowledgeable, generous mentors and thoughtful, true friends."

                Thank you so much, for everything! Also signing off with "respect,
                admiration, and gratitude,"
                Wendy

                On 11/21/05, Rita Zeinstejer <rita@...> wrote:

                > Dear Webheads,

                I have always wondered, in amazement, how like-minded people can somehow
                > find their way to get together. At cafes, at restaurants, at dancing
                > places., local citizens of similar interests manage to light upon a common
                > spot to share their hobbies and passions.
                >
                > The atmosphere created, the environment, the style chosen for the
                > decoration seem to do the trick.
                >
                > Surprisingly enough, and once again, our wrongly named "virtual world"
                > seems to replicate life f2f .
                >
                > I remember some five years ago, when I started to push my way into the web
                > and came across people in different countries interested in exploiting the
                > tools the computer offers for language teaching and learning purposes.
                >
                > It was then when I first passed by John Hibb�s Global Day event, joined
                > his trip and felt astonished at the experience and at the scope of his
                > enterprise. I also remember visiting Barbara Dieu�s website and sensing her
                > talent.
                >

                > Time went by and I met up with the Webhead Community, realizing this niche
                > would be my inspiration, my caf�, my restaurant, my dancing place, where I
                > would meet, not only dedicated colleagues and honorable people, but
                > knowledgeable, generous mentors and thoughtful, true friends.
                >

                > Now John and Bee have also found their way into this stunning confluence
                > of similar brains, all ready to explore, set off on new travels, ride along
                > untrodden paths and share their achievements. And I have lately witnessed
                > the pioneer spirit of Ruth Vilmi join the crew.
                >

                > To my growing astonishment, the miracle of "meeting" has extended its f2f
                > realm.
                >

                > My innermost thanks to you, dear Vance, for having congregated all these
                > souls in a fantastic, unique online Congress, and for giving me the chance
                > to be part of the crew. Lots of thanks, also, to big hats like Dafne,
                > Teresa, Michael Coghlan, Andrew Pincon, Jeff Lebow, Jonathan Finkelstein and
                > many others who have added to the grandeur of this Congress. We have all
                > profited from enlightening views, state-of-the-art technology, and the
                > cutting edge of incredibly professional and humane members.
                >
                > Webheads are, undoubtedly, setting a new trend in education.
                >

                > With respect, admiration and gratitude,
                >

                > Rita

              • Annie B
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 5, 2012
                  Hi All,
                  I've had the same error message a couple of times outside of SL even though
                  I'm registered. I don't think it's a SL problem.

                  --
                  Anne Breckenridge MA
                  http://Thelanguageworkshop.pbworks.com

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 5, 2012