Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Anything you'd like to present?

  • Barbara Dieu
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
      Hi Susan,
      I'd be interested in joining you as well.
      Warm regards from Brazil,
      Bee

      Barbara Dieu
      http://dekita.org
    • cristina costa
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
        Hi Susan,
        on Weekdays I am usually available from 5pm (GMT)up.
        The only day I can't make it this month is on November
        9th because I'll be on duty that day!

        beijinhos
        cris

        My blog: http://por-aguas-virtuais.blogspot.com/
        My students' blog: http://fromstemtostern.blogspot.com
        msn: navysternchen@...
        Skype ID: navysternchen
        YM ID: cristinacosta_pt

        __________________________________
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
          Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?

          I believe you are planning for this time?
          http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283

          That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
          http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20

          19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.

          If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.

          Best,

          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
            Hi Vance,

            That (20:00 GMT, Sunday Nov 20th) sounds like it might work. A quick Breeze
            demo and a Webheads discussion/mini presentation session could be lots of
            fun.

            I was just checking Cristina's students' blog and found lots of interesting
            material. Just meeting everyone online and having each person demo one
            interesting thing they are doing with their classes would be super
            interesting I think.

            If each person could send me a visual they'd like to talk about that would
            be awesome Send me a jpg or swf (flash) file you'd like to discuss with the
            group. That way I can preload these visuals into the Breeze meeting room.
            If your file is too large, send it by www.yousendit.com
            Otherwise send it to susanbates37@...

            I would like files from...
            Chris
            Buth
            Sus
            Mercedes
            Daf
            Jane
            Elizabeth
            Barbara

            ... and anyone else who would like to participate in the discussion.

            Thanks,

            Susan
            .
            > Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?
            >
            > I believe you are planning for this time?
            > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283
            >
            > That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
            > http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20
            >
            > 19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.
            >
            > If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.
            >
            > Best,
            >
            > Vance

          • Susan Bates
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
              Hi Aiden,

              November 20th 20:00 GMT. Hope that works for you. If so send me a file
              (visual) of something you're doing in class you would like to discuss.

              Thanks,

              Susan
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 5, 2005
                Hi Chris,

                Time will be 20:00 GMT on Sunday, November 20th. I hope you can make it. I
                think you need a fairly fast computer to play Breeze recordings because they
                are huge files, but you should be able to access most of the material at the
                conference. I believe a combination of computer speed and bandwidth are the
                two factors that play a role in how much information you can receive via
                video conferencing. Will you be using cable or dsl?

                I believe you should be able to access most of what we will be doing in
                Breeze Meeting, such as viewing webcam and broadcasting voice. You may
                experience a time lag in viewing video for example.

                I'd love to hear more about how you use Yahoo, and your students' blog. If
                you think you might be able to come, email me a visual (jpg or swf) that I
                can pre-load into the room.

                Thanks,

                Susan
                susanbates37@...