Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Anything you'd like to present?

  • Dafne
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
      I would love to attend too, Susan!

      Daf

      Jane Petring <want2no7@...> wrote:
      Susan,
      I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
      Just let us know when!

      Jane (in Montreal)

      > > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
      > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
      > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
      > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
      any
      > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
      > classes.
      > >
      > > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
      liven
      > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
      > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
      > >
      > > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
      > > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Susan

    • Susan Bates
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
        That's great Daf. I'm be interested in hearing what you are doing with your
        classes these days.

        I'll write Jane in Yahoo. Thanks for forwarding her message.

        We need to figure out a time that works for you, Jane, Buth, Cris, Sus, and
        Mercedes. How do I do that? Also, probably best after the Webheads
        Convergence I would think. I'm GMT - 8 I believe.

        Could other people give me their availability? How does Sunday at 10 am PST
        work for everyone? I think we met last time at that time.

        Susan

        > I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
        > Just let us know when!
        >
        > Jane (in Montreal)
        >
        >> > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
        >> BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
        >> thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
        >> some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
        > any
        >> kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
        >> classes.
        >> >
        >> > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
        > liven
        >> up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
        >> online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
        >> >
        >> > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
        >> > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
        >> >
        >> > Thanks,
        >> >
        >> > Susan
        >>

        > For more information:

        > For more information:

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • CJones
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
          Hi, Susan,

          Depending on your date and time, I could talk about how I've used
          voice chat in Yahoo Messenger for my students to do "interviews."
          Also, I have them keep a blog on various class projects we've done.

          What do I need on my computer system to appear in Breeze for your
          presentation? The link you included below doesn't play well on my
          computer with Windows 98 at home, but the earlier link you gave played
          fine on the computer with windows XP I use at work. Would I be able to
          see the presentation while you're presenting?

          Chris Jones

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
          <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

          > Hi Everyone,
          >
          > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
          BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I thought
          it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have some sort of
          live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any kinds of cool
          online stuff you may be experimenting with in your classes.

          > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven up
          my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in online
          ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

          > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
          > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Susan

        • Barbara Dieu
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
            Hi Susan,
            I'd be interested in joining you as well.
            Warm regards from Brazil,
            Bee

            Barbara Dieu
            http://dekita.org
          • cristina costa
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
              Hi Susan,
              on Weekdays I am usually available from 5pm (GMT)up.
              The only day I can't make it this month is on November
              9th because I'll be on duty that day!

              beijinhos
              cris

              My blog: http://por-aguas-virtuais.blogspot.com/
              My students' blog: http://fromstemtostern.blogspot.com
              msn: navysternchen@...
              Skype ID: navysternchen
              YM ID: cristinacosta_pt

              __________________________________
              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?

                I believe you are planning for this time?
                http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283

                That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
                http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20

                19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.

                If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.

                Best,

                > That's great Daf. I'm be interested in hearing what you are doing with
                > your
                > classes these days.
                >
                > I'll write Jane in Yahoo. Thanks for forwarding her message.
                >
                > We need to figure out a time that works for you, Jane, Buth, Cris, Sus,
                > and
                > Mercedes. How do I do that? Also, probably best after the Webheads
                > Convergence I would think. I'm GMT - 8 I believe.
                >
                > Could other people give me their availability? How does Sunday at 10 am
                > PST
                > work for everyone? I think we met last time at that time.
                >
                > Susan

              • Susan Bates
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                  Hi Vance,

                  That (20:00 GMT, Sunday Nov 20th) sounds like it might work. A quick Breeze
                  demo and a Webheads discussion/mini presentation session could be lots of
                  fun.

                  I was just checking Cristina's students' blog and found lots of interesting
                  material. Just meeting everyone online and having each person demo one
                  interesting thing they are doing with their classes would be super
                  interesting I think.

                  If each person could send me a visual they'd like to talk about that would
                  be awesome Send me a jpg or swf (flash) file you'd like to discuss with the
                  group. That way I can preload these visuals into the Breeze meeting room.
                  If your file is too large, send it by www.yousendit.com
                  Otherwise send it to susanbates37@...

                  I would like files from...
                  Chris
                  Buth
                  Sus
                  Mercedes
                  Daf
                  Jane
                  Elizabeth
                  Barbara

                  ... and anyone else who would like to participate in the discussion.

                  Thanks,

                  Susan
                  .
                  > Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?
                  >
                  > I believe you are planning for this time?
                  > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283
                  >
                  > That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
                  > http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20
                  >
                  > 19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.
                  >
                  > If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.
                  >
                  > Best,
                  >
                  > Vance

                • Susan Bates
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                    Hi Aiden,

                    November 20th 20:00 GMT. Hope that works for you. If so send me a file
                    (visual) of something you're doing in class you would like to discuss.

                    Thanks,

                    Susan
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 5, 2005
                      Hi Chris,

                      Time will be 20:00 GMT on Sunday, November 20th. I hope you can make it. I
                      think you need a fairly fast computer to play Breeze recordings because they
                      are huge files, but you should be able to access most of the material at the
                      conference. I believe a combination of computer speed and bandwidth are the
                      two factors that play a role in how much information you can receive via
                      video conferencing. Will you be using cable or dsl?

                      I believe you should be able to access most of what we will be doing in
                      Breeze Meeting, such as viewing webcam and broadcasting voice. You may
                      experience a time lag in viewing video for example.

                      I'd love to hear more about how you use Yahoo, and your students' blog. If
                      you think you might be able to come, email me a visual (jpg or swf) that I
                      can pre-load into the room.

                      Thanks,

                      Susan
                      susanbates37@...