Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Anything you'd like to present?

  • Susan Bates
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 3 2:54 PM
      Hey thanks Mercedes. Will do. I was wondering if you could give me a
      timeframe of when you, Buth, Cristina, and Sus might be available. That way
      I can set the time for the webcast to suit everyone.

      Susan
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 3 6:13 PM
        Susan,
        I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
        Just let us know when!

        Jane (in Montreal)

        > > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
        > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
        > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
        > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
        any
        > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
        > classes.
        > >
        > > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
        liven
        > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
        > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
        > >
        > > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
        > > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Susan

      • Dafne
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 3 6:44 PM
          I would love to attend too, Susan!

          Daf

          Jane Petring <want2no7@...> wrote:
          Susan,
          I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
          Just let us know when!

          Jane (in Montreal)

          > > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
          > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
          > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
          > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
          any
          > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
          > classes.
          > >
          > > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
          liven
          > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
          > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
          > >
          > > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
          > > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Susan

        • Susan Bates
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 3 7:24 PM
            That's great Daf. I'm be interested in hearing what you are doing with your
            classes these days.

            I'll write Jane in Yahoo. Thanks for forwarding her message.

            We need to figure out a time that works for you, Jane, Buth, Cris, Sus, and
            Mercedes. How do I do that? Also, probably best after the Webheads
            Convergence I would think. I'm GMT - 8 I believe.

            Could other people give me their availability? How does Sunday at 10 am PST
            work for everyone? I think we met last time at that time.

            Susan

            > I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
            > Just let us know when!
            >
            > Jane (in Montreal)
            >
            >> > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
            >> BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
            >> thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
            >> some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
            > any
            >> kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
            >> classes.
            >> >
            >> > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
            > liven
            >> up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
            >> online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
            >> >
            >> > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
            >> > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
            >> >
            >> > Thanks,
            >> >
            >> > Susan
            >>

            > For more information:

            > For more information:

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • CJones
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 3 10:01 PM
              Hi, Susan,

              Depending on your date and time, I could talk about how I've used
              voice chat in Yahoo Messenger for my students to do "interviews."
              Also, I have them keep a blog on various class projects we've done.

              What do I need on my computer system to appear in Breeze for your
              presentation? The link you included below doesn't play well on my
              computer with Windows 98 at home, but the earlier link you gave played
              fine on the computer with windows XP I use at work. Would I be able to
              see the presentation while you're presenting?

              Chris Jones

              <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

              > Hi Everyone,
              >
              > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
              BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I thought
              it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have some sort of
              live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any kinds of cool
              online stuff you may be experimenting with in your classes.

              > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven up
              my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in online
              ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

              > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
              > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Susan

            • Barbara Dieu
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 3 10:02 PM
                Hi Susan,
                I'd be interested in joining you as well.
                Warm regards from Brazil,
                Bee

                Barbara Dieu
                http://dekita.org
              • cristina costa
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 3 11:13 PM
                  Hi Susan,
                  on Weekdays I am usually available from 5pm (GMT)up.
                  The only day I can't make it this month is on November
                  9th because I'll be on duty that day!

                  beijinhos
                  cris

                  My blog: http://por-aguas-virtuais.blogspot.com/
                  My students' blog: http://fromstemtostern.blogspot.com
                  msn: navysternchen@...
                  Skype ID: navysternchen
                  YM ID: cristinacosta_pt

                  __________________________________
                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 4 2:44 AM
                    Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?

                    I believe you are planning for this time?
                    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283

                    That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
                    http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20

                    19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.

                    If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.

                    Best,

                    > That's great Daf. I'm be interested in hearing what you are doing with
                    > your
                    > classes these days.
                    >
                    > I'll write Jane in Yahoo. Thanks for forwarding her message.
                    >
                    > We need to figure out a time that works for you, Jane, Buth, Cris, Sus,
                    > and
                    > Mercedes. How do I do that? Also, probably best after the Webheads
                    > Convergence I would think. I'm GMT - 8 I believe.
                    >
                    > Could other people give me their availability? How does Sunday at 10 am
                    > PST
                    > work for everyone? I think we met last time at that time.
                    >
                    > Susan

                  • Susan Bates
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 4 7:33 AM
                      Hi Vance,

                      That (20:00 GMT, Sunday Nov 20th) sounds like it might work. A quick Breeze
                      demo and a Webheads discussion/mini presentation session could be lots of
                      fun.

                      I was just checking Cristina's students' blog and found lots of interesting
                      material. Just meeting everyone online and having each person demo one
                      interesting thing they are doing with their classes would be super
                      interesting I think.

                      If each person could send me a visual they'd like to talk about that would
                      be awesome Send me a jpg or swf (flash) file you'd like to discuss with the
                      group. That way I can preload these visuals into the Breeze meeting room.
                      If your file is too large, send it by www.yousendit.com
                      Otherwise send it to susanbates37@...

                      I would like files from...
                      Chris
                      Buth
                      Sus
                      Mercedes
                      Daf
                      Jane
                      Elizabeth
                      Barbara

                      ... and anyone else who would like to participate in the discussion.

                      Thanks,

                      Susan
                      .
                      > Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?
                      >
                      > I believe you are planning for this time?
                      > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283
                      >
                      > That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
                      > http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20
                      >
                      > 19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.
                      >
                      > If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.
                      >
                      > Best,
                      >
                      > Vance

                    • Susan Bates
                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 4 7:38 PM
                        Hi Aiden,

                        November 20th 20:00 GMT. Hope that works for you. If so send me a file
                        (visual) of something you're doing in class you would like to discuss.

                        Thanks,

                        Susan
                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 5 7:16 AM
                          Hi Chris,

                          Time will be 20:00 GMT on Sunday, November 20th. I hope you can make it. I
                          think you need a fairly fast computer to play Breeze recordings because they
                          are huge files, but you should be able to access most of the material at the
                          conference. I believe a combination of computer speed and bandwidth are the
                          two factors that play a role in how much information you can receive via
                          video conferencing. Will you be using cable or dsl?

                          I believe you should be able to access most of what we will be doing in
                          Breeze Meeting, such as viewing webcam and broadcasting voice. You may
                          experience a time lag in viewing video for example.

                          I'd love to hear more about how you use Yahoo, and your students' blog. If
                          you think you might be able to come, email me a visual (jpg or swf) that I
                          can pre-load into the room.

                          Thanks,

                          Susan
                          susanbates37@...