Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Anything you'd like to present?

  • Mercedes Rossetti
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
      Hi Susan:

      Just had some time in my busy schedule these days and I watched your class. Congratulations on such cooperative work and fantastic use of technology. Just let us know when you are meeting again and I'll do my best to join you.

      Mercedes Rossetti
      Mexico

      Buthaina Al-Othman <buthaina_3@...> wrote:
      Hi Susan,

      I enjoyed watching your Breeze class; you and your students were so
      cool, and the topic was awesome :) Congrats! Please count me in for
      your coming Breeze session.

      Looking forward to reading your next message with the date and time
      of your presentation!

      Cheers!

      Buth
      ---------

      In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
      <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
      BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
      thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
      some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
      kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
      classes.

      > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
      up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
      online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

      > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
      > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Susan

      Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online Distance learning schools

    • Susan Bates
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
        Hey thanks Mercedes. Will do. I was wondering if you could give me a
        timeframe of when you, Buth, Cristina, and Sus might be available. That way
        I can set the time for the webcast to suit everyone.

        Susan
        > Just had some time in my busy schedule these days and I watched your
        > class. Congratulations on such cooperative work and fantastic use of
        > technology. Just let us know when you are meeting again and I'll do my
        > best to join you.
        >
        > Mercedes Rossetti
        > Mexico
        >
        > Buthaina Al-Othman <buthaina_3@...> wrote:
        > Hi Susan,
        >
        > I enjoyed watching your Breeze class; you and your students were so
        > cool, and the topic was awesome :) Congrats! Please count me in for
        > your coming Breeze session.
        >
        > Looking forward to reading your next message with the date and time
        > of your presentation!
        >
        > Cheers!
        >
        > Buth
        > ---------
        >
        > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
        > <susanbates37@s...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Hi Everyone,
        >>
        >> I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
        > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
        > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
        > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
        > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
        > classes.
        >>
        >> I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
        > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
        > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
        >>
        >> BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
        >> http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
        >>
        >> Thanks,
        >>
        >> Susan
        >

        > For more information:

        > Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning
        > Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online
        > Distance learning schools

        > For more information:

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jane Petring
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
          Susan,
          I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
          Just let us know when!

          Jane (in Montreal)

          > > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
          > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
          > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
          > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
          any
          > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
          > classes.
          > >
          > > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
          liven
          > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
          > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
          > >
          > > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
          > > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Susan

        • Dafne
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
            I would love to attend too, Susan!

            Daf

            Jane Petring <want2no7@...> wrote:
            Susan,
            I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
            Just let us know when!

            Jane (in Montreal)

            > > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
            > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
            > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
            > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
            any
            > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
            > classes.
            > >
            > > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
            liven
            > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
            > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
            > >
            > > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
            > > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > >
            > > Susan

          • Susan Bates
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
              That's great Daf. I'm be interested in hearing what you are doing with your
              classes these days.

              I'll write Jane in Yahoo. Thanks for forwarding her message.

              We need to figure out a time that works for you, Jane, Buth, Cris, Sus, and
              Mercedes. How do I do that? Also, probably best after the Webheads
              Convergence I would think. I'm GMT - 8 I believe.

              Could other people give me their availability? How does Sunday at 10 am PST
              work for everyone? I think we met last time at that time.

              Susan

              > I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
              > Just let us know when!
              >
              > Jane (in Montreal)
              >
              >> > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
              >> BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
              >> thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
              >> some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
              > any
              >> kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
              >> classes.
              >> >
              >> > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
              > liven
              >> up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
              >> online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
              >> >
              >> > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
              >> > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
              >> >
              >> > Thanks,
              >> >
              >> > Susan
              >>

              > For more information:

              > For more information:

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • CJones
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                Hi, Susan,

                Depending on your date and time, I could talk about how I've used
                voice chat in Yahoo Messenger for my students to do "interviews."
                Also, I have them keep a blog on various class projects we've done.

                What do I need on my computer system to appear in Breeze for your
                presentation? The link you included below doesn't play well on my
                computer with Windows 98 at home, but the earlier link you gave played
                fine on the computer with windows XP I use at work. Would I be able to
                see the presentation while you're presenting?

                Chris Jones

                <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

                > Hi Everyone,
                >
                > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I thought
                it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have some sort of
                live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any kinds of cool
                online stuff you may be experimenting with in your classes.

                > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven up
                my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in online
                ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

                > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Susan

              • Barbara Dieu
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                  Hi Susan,
                  I'd be interested in joining you as well.
                  Warm regards from Brazil,
                  Bee

                  Barbara Dieu
                  http://dekita.org
                • cristina costa
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                    Hi Susan,
                    on Weekdays I am usually available from 5pm (GMT)up.
                    The only day I can't make it this month is on November
                    9th because I'll be on duty that day!

                    beijinhos
                    cris

                    My blog: http://por-aguas-virtuais.blogspot.com/
                    My students' blog: http://fromstemtostern.blogspot.com
                    msn: navysternchen@...
                    Skype ID: navysternchen
                    YM ID: cristinacosta_pt

                    __________________________________
                    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                      Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?

                      I believe you are planning for this time?
                      http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283

                      That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
                      http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20

                      19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.

                      If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.

                      Best,

                      > That's great Daf. I'm be interested in hearing what you are doing with
                      > your
                      > classes these days.
                      >
                      > I'll write Jane in Yahoo. Thanks for forwarding her message.
                      >
                      > We need to figure out a time that works for you, Jane, Buth, Cris, Sus,
                      > and
                      > Mercedes. How do I do that? Also, probably best after the Webheads
                      > Convergence I would think. I'm GMT - 8 I believe.
                      >
                      > Could other people give me their availability? How does Sunday at 10 am
                      > PST
                      > work for everyone? I think we met last time at that time.
                      >
                      > Susan

                    • Susan Bates
                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                        Hi Vance,

                        That (20:00 GMT, Sunday Nov 20th) sounds like it might work. A quick Breeze
                        demo and a Webheads discussion/mini presentation session could be lots of
                        fun.

                        I was just checking Cristina's students' blog and found lots of interesting
                        material. Just meeting everyone online and having each person demo one
                        interesting thing they are doing with their classes would be super
                        interesting I think.

                        If each person could send me a visual they'd like to talk about that would
                        be awesome Send me a jpg or swf (flash) file you'd like to discuss with the
                        group. That way I can preload these visuals into the Breeze meeting room.
                        If your file is too large, send it by www.yousendit.com
                        Otherwise send it to susanbates37@...

                        I would like files from...
                        Chris
                        Buth
                        Sus
                        Mercedes
                        Daf
                        Jane
                        Elizabeth
                        Barbara

                        ... and anyone else who would like to participate in the discussion.

                        Thanks,

                        Susan
                        .
                        > Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?
                        >
                        > I believe you are planning for this time?
                        > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283
                        >
                        > That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
                        > http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20
                        >
                        > 19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.
                        >
                        > If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.
                        >
                        > Best,
                        >
                        > Vance

                      • Susan Bates
                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                          Hi Aiden,

                          November 20th 20:00 GMT. Hope that works for you. If so send me a file
                          (visual) of something you're doing in class you would like to discuss.

                          Thanks,

                          Susan
                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 5, 2005
                            Hi Chris,

                            Time will be 20:00 GMT on Sunday, November 20th. I hope you can make it. I
                            think you need a fairly fast computer to play Breeze recordings because they
                            are huge files, but you should be able to access most of the material at the
                            conference. I believe a combination of computer speed and bandwidth are the
                            two factors that play a role in how much information you can receive via
                            video conferencing. Will you be using cable or dsl?

                            I believe you should be able to access most of what we will be doing in
                            Breeze Meeting, such as viewing webcam and broadcasting voice. You may
                            experience a time lag in viewing video for example.

                            I'd love to hear more about how you use Yahoo, and your students' blog. If
                            you think you might be able to come, email me a visual (jpg or swf) that I
                            can pre-load into the room.

                            Thanks,

                            Susan
                            susanbates37@...