Re: Anything you'd like to present?

  • Buthaina Al-Othman
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
      Hi Susan,

      I enjoyed watching your Breeze class; you and your students were so
      cool, and the topic was awesome :) Congrats! Please count me in for
      your coming Breeze session.

      Looking forward to reading your next message with the date and time
      of your presentation!

      Cheers!

      Buth
      ---------

      In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
      <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone,
      >
      > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
      BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
      thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
      some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
      kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
      classes.

      > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
      up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
      online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

      > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
      > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Susan
    • Susan Bates
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
        Thanks Buth. It will be great to see and talk to you again.

        Susan
        > I enjoyed watching your Breeze class; you and your students were so
        > cool, and the topic was awesome :) Congrats! Please count me in for
        > your coming Breeze session.
        >
        > Looking forward to reading your next message with the date and time
        > of your presentation!
        >
        > Cheers!
        >
        > Buth
        > ---------
        >
        > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
        > <susanbates37@s...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Hi Everyone,
        >>
        >> I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
        > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
        > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
        > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
        > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
        > classes.
        >>
        >> I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
        > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
        > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
        >>
        >> BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
        >> http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
        >>
        >> Thanks,
        >>
        >> Susan
        >

        > For more information:

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Mercedes Rossetti
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
          Hi Susan:

          Just had some time in my busy schedule these days and I watched your class. Congratulations on such cooperative work and fantastic use of technology. Just let us know when you are meeting again and I'll do my best to join you.

          Mercedes Rossetti
          Mexico

          <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

          > Hi Everyone,
          >
          > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
          BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
          thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
          some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
          kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
          classes.

          > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
          up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
          online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

          > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
          > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Susan

          Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online Distance learning schools

        • Susan Bates
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
            Hey thanks Mercedes. Will do. I was wondering if you could give me a
            timeframe of when you, Buth, Cristina, and Sus might be available. That way
            I can set the time for the webcast to suit everyone.

            Susan
            > Just had some time in my busy schedule these days and I watched your
            > class. Congratulations on such cooperative work and fantastic use of
            > technology. Just let us know when you are meeting again and I'll do my
            > best to join you.
            >
            > Mercedes Rossetti
            > Mexico
            >
            > Buthaina Al-Othman <buthaina_3@...> wrote:
            > Hi Susan,
            >
            > I enjoyed watching your Breeze class; you and your students were so
            > cool, and the topic was awesome :) Congrats! Please count me in for
            > your coming Breeze session.
            >
            > Looking forward to reading your next message with the date and time
            > of your presentation!
            >
            > Cheers!
            >
            > Buth
            > ---------
            >
            > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
            > <susanbates37@s...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Hi Everyone,
            >>
            >> I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
            > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
            > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
            > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
            > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
            > classes.
            >>
            >> I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
            > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
            > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
            >>
            >> BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
            >> http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
            >>
            >> Thanks,
            >>
            >> Susan
            >

            > For more information:

            > Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning
            > Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online
            > Distance learning schools

            > For more information:

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Jane Petring
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
              Susan,
              I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
              Just let us know when!

              Jane (in Montreal)

              > > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
              > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
              > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
              > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
              any
              > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
              > classes.
              > >
              > > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
              liven
              > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
              > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
              > >
              > > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
              > > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > >
              > > Susan

            • Dafne
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                I would love to attend too, Susan!

                Daf

                Jane Petring <want2no7@...> wrote:
                Susan,
                I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
                Just let us know when!

                Jane (in Montreal)

                > > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
                any
                > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                > classes.
                > >
                > > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
                liven
                > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                > >
                > > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                > > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > >
                > > Susan

              • Susan Bates
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                  That's great Daf. I'm be interested in hearing what you are doing with your
                  classes these days.

                  I'll write Jane in Yahoo. Thanks for forwarding her message.

                  We need to figure out a time that works for you, Jane, Buth, Cris, Sus, and
                  Mercedes. How do I do that? Also, probably best after the Webheads
                  Convergence I would think. I'm GMT - 8 I believe.

                  Could other people give me their availability? How does Sunday at 10 am PST
                  work for everyone? I think we met last time at that time.

                  Susan

                  > I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
                  > Just let us know when!
                  >
                  > Jane (in Montreal)
                  >
                  >> > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                  >> BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                  >> thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                  >> some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
                  > any
                  >> kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                  >> classes.
                  >> >
                  >> > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
                  > liven
                  >> up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                  >> online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                  >> >
                  >> > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                  >> > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                  >> >
                  >> > Thanks,
                  >> >
                  >> > Susan
                  >>

                  > For more information:

                  > For more information:

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • CJones
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                    Hi, Susan,

                    Depending on your date and time, I could talk about how I've used
                    voice chat in Yahoo Messenger for my students to do "interviews."
                    Also, I have them keep a blog on various class projects we've done.

                    What do I need on my computer system to appear in Breeze for your
                    presentation? The link you included below doesn't play well on my
                    computer with Windows 98 at home, but the earlier link you gave played
                    fine on the computer with windows XP I use at work. Would I be able to
                    see the presentation while you're presenting?

                    Chris Jones

                    <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

                    > Hi Everyone,
                    >
                    > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                    BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I thought
                    it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have some sort of
                    live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any kinds of cool
                    online stuff you may be experimenting with in your classes.

                    > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven up
                    my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in online
                    ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

                    > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                    > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Susan

                  • Barbara Dieu
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                      Hi Susan,
                      I'd be interested in joining you as well.
                      Warm regards from Brazil,
                      Bee

                      Barbara Dieu
                      http://dekita.org
                    • cristina costa
                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                        Hi Susan,
                        on Weekdays I am usually available from 5pm (GMT)up.
                        The only day I can't make it this month is on November
                        9th because I'll be on duty that day!

                        beijinhos
                        cris

                        My blog: http://por-aguas-virtuais.blogspot.com/
                        My students' blog: http://fromstemtostern.blogspot.com
                        msn: navysternchen@...
                        Skype ID: navysternchen
                        YM ID: cristinacosta_pt

                        __________________________________
                        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                          Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?

                          I believe you are planning for this time?
                          http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283

                          That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
                          http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20

                          19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.

                          If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.

                          Best,

                          > That's great Daf. I'm be interested in hearing what you are doing with
                          > your
                          > classes these days.
                          >
                          > I'll write Jane in Yahoo. Thanks for forwarding her message.
                          >
                          > We need to figure out a time that works for you, Jane, Buth, Cris, Sus,
                          > and
                          > Mercedes. How do I do that? Also, probably best after the Webheads
                          > Convergence I would think. I'm GMT - 8 I believe.
                          >
                          > Could other people give me their availability? How does Sunday at 10 am
                          > PST
                          > work for everyone? I think we met last time at that time.
                          >
                          > Susan

                        • Susan Bates
                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                            Hi Vance,

                            That (20:00 GMT, Sunday Nov 20th) sounds like it might work. A quick Breeze
                            demo and a Webheads discussion/mini presentation session could be lots of
                            fun.

                            I was just checking Cristina's students' blog and found lots of interesting
                            material. Just meeting everyone online and having each person demo one
                            interesting thing they are doing with their classes would be super
                            interesting I think.

                            If each person could send me a visual they'd like to talk about that would
                            be awesome Send me a jpg or swf (flash) file you'd like to discuss with the
                            group. That way I can preload these visuals into the Breeze meeting room.
                            If your file is too large, send it by www.yousendit.com
                            Otherwise send it to susanbates37@...

                            I would like files from...
                            Chris
                            Buth
                            Sus
                            Mercedes
                            Daf
                            Jane
                            Elizabeth
                            Barbara

                            ... and anyone else who would like to participate in the discussion.

                            Thanks,

                            Susan
                            .
                            > Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?
                            >
                            > I believe you are planning for this time?
                            > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283
                            >
                            > That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
                            > http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20
                            >
                            > 19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.
                            >
                            > If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.
                            >
                            > Best,
                            >
                            > Vance

                          • Susan Bates
                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                              Hi Aiden,

                              November 20th 20:00 GMT. Hope that works for you. If so send me a file
                              (visual) of something you're doing in class you would like to discuss.

                              Thanks,

                              Susan
                              Message 14 of 21 , Nov 5, 2005
                                Hi Chris,

                                Time will be 20:00 GMT on Sunday, November 20th. I hope you can make it. I
                                think you need a fairly fast computer to play Breeze recordings because they
                                are huge files, but you should be able to access most of the material at the
                                conference. I believe a combination of computer speed and bandwidth are the
                                two factors that play a role in how much information you can receive via
                                video conferencing. Will you be using cable or dsl?

                                I believe you should be able to access most of what we will be doing in
                                Breeze Meeting, such as viewing webcam and broadcasting voice. You may
                                experience a time lag in viewing video for example.

                                I'd love to hear more about how you use Yahoo, and your students' blog. If
                                you think you might be able to come, email me a visual (jpg or swf) that I
                                can pre-load into the room.

                                Thanks,

                                Susan
                                susanbates37@...