What time is it?

  • John Hibbs
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
      Jeff's announcement below is consistent with Webheads hard work to
      have a culture where the What time is it? question arises less and
      less. Thus, all announcements come with times in GMT - a very, very
      good thing.

      But we all still live in the "real world" where we have to make some
      mental calculation "what time is that for me?).

      Especially because of the November 18-20 conference, and the size of
      it, I would like to recommend that when Webheads make virtual
      announcements that add a few "reference" points - like
      GMT
      New York
      Tokyo
      New Delhi

      Most of us can instantly calculate from those time zones...at least
      to decide if it's time we are normally sleeping or working (thus
      unlikely to attend); or if i'ts in a "good time"..which would then
      cause us to make sure we had the exact time "right".
      ----
      (Alternatively, they could create a links to a specific page created
      at http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock -- that's neat too!).

      Please accept my congratulations for the clickable links to World
      Clock to show the times for all presentations during Nov-18-20. I can
      tell you when we adopted this for Global Learn Day, several years
      ago, we got a whole lot less -- "What time is it?" questions.