Re: EdTechTalk webcasts - George Siemens, Jay Cross, & Barbara Ganley

  • jefflebow
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
      I'm not sure why, but my hyperlinks always seem to get removed when I
      post to the list. In any event, links to global time and guests'
      websites are at http://edtechtalk.com/

      <jefflebow@y...> wrote:

      > Hello Webheads,
      >
      > Just wanted to mention that we're webcasting a special Thursday
      EdTechTalk (7pm GMT global times ) with George Siemens & Jay Cross .

      > We'll also be webcasting our EdTechBrainstorm#10 at its regular time
      and EdTechTalk#24 with special guest Barbara Ganley following the
      Webhead online gathering at 3pmGMT (global times ).

      > Thanks,
      > Jeff

    • John Hibbs
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
        Jeff's announcement below is consistent with Webheads hard work to
        have a culture where the What time is it? question arises less and
        less. Thus, all announcements come with times in GMT - a very, very
        good thing.

        But we all still live in the "real world" where we have to make some
        mental calculation "what time is that for me?).

        Especially because of the November 18-20 conference, and the size of
        it, I would like to recommend that when Webheads make virtual
        announcements that add a few "reference" points - like
        GMT
        New York
        Tokyo
        New Delhi

        Most of us can instantly calculate from those time zones...at least
        to decide if it's time we are normally sleeping or working (thus
        unlikely to attend); or if i'ts in a "good time"..which would then
        cause us to make sure we had the exact time "right".
        ----
        (Alternatively, they could create a links to a specific page created
        at http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock -- that's neat too!).

        Please accept my congratulations for the clickable links to World
        Clock to show the times for all presentations during Nov-18-20. I can
        tell you when we adopted this for Global Learn Day, several years
        ago, we got a whole lot less -- "What time is it?" questions.