EdTechTalk webcasts - George Siemens, Jay Cross, & Barbara Ganley

  • jefflebow
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hello Webheads,

      Just wanted to mention that we're webcasting a special Thursday EdTechTalk (7pm GMT global times ) with George Siemens & Jay Cross .

      We'll also be webcasting our EdTechBrainstorm#10 at its regular time and EdTechTalk#24 with special guest Barbara Ganley following the Webhead online gathering at 3pmGMT (global times ).

      Thanks,
      Jeff

    • jefflebow
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2005
        I'm not sure why, but my hyperlinks always seem to get removed when I
        post to the list. In any event, links to global time and guests'
        websites are at http://edtechtalk.com/

        <jefflebow@y...> wrote:

        > Hello Webheads,
        >
        > Just wanted to mention that we're webcasting a special Thursday
        EdTechTalk (7pm GMT global times ) with George Siemens & Jay Cross .

        > We'll also be webcasting our EdTechBrainstorm#10 at its regular time
        and EdTechTalk#24 with special guest Barbara Ganley following the
        Webhead online gathering at 3pmGMT (global times ).

        > Thanks,
        > Jeff

      • John Hibbs
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2005
          Jeff's announcement below is consistent with Webheads hard work to
          have a culture where the What time is it? question arises less and
          less. Thus, all announcements come with times in GMT - a very, very
          good thing.

          But we all still live in the "real world" where we have to make some
          mental calculation "what time is that for me?).

          Especially because of the November 18-20 conference, and the size of
          it, I would like to recommend that when Webheads make virtual
          announcements that add a few "reference" points - like
          GMT
          New York
          Tokyo
          New Delhi

          Most of us can instantly calculate from those time zones...at least
          to decide if it's time we are normally sleeping or working (thus
          unlikely to attend); or if i'ts in a "good time"..which would then
          cause us to make sure we had the exact time "right".
          ----
          (Alternatively, they could create a links to a specific page created
          at http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock -- that's neat too!).

          Please accept my congratulations for the clickable links to World
          Clock to show the times for all presentations during Nov-18-20. I can
          tell you when we adopted this for Global Learn Day, several years
          ago, we got a whole lot less -- "What time is it?" questions.