Re: Anything you'd like to present?

  • Dr Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hi Susan--
      Give us a date and time, please? I'm in Pacific time
      and almost any afternoon except Fridays is good for
      me.
      --Elizabeth

      Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:36:45 -0800
      From: Susan Bates <susanbates37@...>
      Subject: Anything you'd like to present?

      Hi Everyone,

      I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or
      next at
      BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using
      Breeze, and I thought it would
      be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have some
      sort of live
      discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
      kinds of cool online stuff
      you may be experimenting with in your classes.

      I think that a discussion group or mini presentations
      might liven up my
      presentation and give a broader view of what's
      happening in online ESL
      instruction. Anyone interested?

      BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on
      Relationships:
      http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/

      Thanks,

      Susan

      <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    • Susanne Nyrop
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 2, 2005
        Dear Susan,

        if time allows me, I would love to attend another sesion in Breez, and perhaps share some sotires from our coming Nordic Voice conference that will hopefully generate some narratives; however my actual program is SOO tight. I'll get back to you on this, and good lcuk; I know you're doing a brave and terrific experimental work with Breeze.

        Yours, Sus

        Susanne Nyrop, exam.ped
        Online e-learning community developer
        Webheads in Action

        s.nyrop@...
        susannenyrop@...

        Den Nordiske Stemme - online 2005
        The Nordic Voice - online 2005
        http://www.nordiskestemme.dk
        Online konference 7. -12- november 2005

        Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:36:45 -0800
        From: Susan Bates <susanbates37@...>

        Hi Everyone,

        I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or
        next at
        BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using
        Breeze, and I thought it would
        be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have some
        sort of live
        discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
        kinds of cool online stuff
        you may be experimenting with in your classes.

        I think that a discussion group or mini presentations
        might liven up my
        presentation and give a broader view of what's
        happening in online ESL
        instruction. Anyone interested?

        BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on
        Relationships:
        http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/

        Thanks,

        Susan

        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

        Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online Distance learning schools

      • Aiden Yeh
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 2, 2005
          Hi Susan,

          Let us know the time in GMT- and like everyone else, I'll try to be there if time permits

          aiden

        • Susan Bates
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 2, 2005
            That sounds great, Sus. I'll be interested in hearing about the Nordic
            Conference.

          • Buthaina Al-Othman
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
              Hi Susan,

              I enjoyed watching your Breeze class; you and your students were so
              cool, and the topic was awesome :) Congrats! Please count me in for
              your coming Breeze session.

              Looking forward to reading your next message with the date and time
              of your presentation!

              Cheers!

              Buth
              ---------

              In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
              <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

              > Hi Everyone,
              >
              > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
              BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
              thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
              some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
              kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
              classes.

              > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
              up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
              online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

              > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
              > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > Susan
            • Susan Bates
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                Thanks Buth. It will be great to see and talk to you again.

                Susan
                > I enjoyed watching your Breeze class; you and your students were so
                > cool, and the topic was awesome :) Congrats! Please count me in for
                > your coming Breeze session.
                >
                > Looking forward to reading your next message with the date and time
                > of your presentation!
                >
                > Cheers!
                >
                > Buth
                > ---------
                >
                > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
                > <susanbates37@s...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Hi Everyone,
                >>
                >> I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
                > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                > classes.
                >>
                >> I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
                > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                >>
                >> BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                >> http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                >>
                >> Thanks,
                >>
                >> Susan
                >

                > For more information:

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Mercedes Rossetti
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                  Hi Susan:

                  Just had some time in my busy schedule these days and I watched your class. Congratulations on such cooperative work and fantastic use of technology. Just let us know when you are meeting again and I'll do my best to join you.

                  Mercedes Rossetti
                  Mexico

                  <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

                  > Hi Everyone,
                  >
                  > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                  BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                  thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                  some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
                  kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                  classes.

                  > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
                  up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                  online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

                  > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                  > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Susan

                  Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online Distance learning schools

                • Susan Bates
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                    Hey thanks Mercedes. Will do. I was wondering if you could give me a
                    timeframe of when you, Buth, Cristina, and Sus might be available. That way
                    I can set the time for the webcast to suit everyone.

                    Susan
                    > Just had some time in my busy schedule these days and I watched your
                    > class. Congratulations on such cooperative work and fantastic use of
                    > technology. Just let us know when you are meeting again and I'll do my
                    > best to join you.
                    >
                    > Mercedes Rossetti
                    > Mexico
                    >
                    > Buthaina Al-Othman <buthaina_3@...> wrote:
                    > Hi Susan,
                    >
                    > I enjoyed watching your Breeze class; you and your students were so
                    > cool, and the topic was awesome :) Congrats! Please count me in for
                    > your coming Breeze session.
                    >
                    > Looking forward to reading your next message with the date and time
                    > of your presentation!
                    >
                    > Cheers!
                    >
                    > Buth
                    > ---------
                    >
                    > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
                    > <susanbates37@s...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Hi Everyone,
                    >>
                    >> I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                    > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                    > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                    > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
                    > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                    > classes.
                    >>
                    >> I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
                    > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                    > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                    >>
                    >> BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                    >> http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                    >>
                    >> Thanks,
                    >>
                    >> Susan
                    >

                    > For more information:

                    > Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning
                    > Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online
                    > Distance learning schools

                    > For more information:

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • Jane Petring
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                      Susan,
                      I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
                      Just let us know when!

                      Jane (in Montreal)

                      > > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                      > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                      > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                      > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
                      any
                      > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                      > classes.
                      > >
                      > > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
                      liven
                      > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                      > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                      > >
                      > > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                      > > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                      > >
                      > > Thanks,
                      > >
                      > > Susan

                    • Dafne
                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                        I would love to attend too, Susan!

                        Daf

                        Jane Petring <want2no7@...> wrote:
                        Susan,
                        I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
                        Just let us know when!

                        Jane (in Montreal)

                        > > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                        > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                        > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                        > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
                        any
                        > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                        > classes.
                        > >
                        > > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
                        liven
                        > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                        > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                        > >
                        > > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                        > > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                        > >
                        > > Thanks,
                        > >
                        > > Susan

                      • Susan Bates
                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                          That's great Daf. I'm be interested in hearing what you are doing with your
                          classes these days.

                          I'll write Jane in Yahoo. Thanks for forwarding her message.

                          We need to figure out a time that works for you, Jane, Buth, Cris, Sus, and
                          Mercedes. How do I do that? Also, probably best after the Webheads
                          Convergence I would think. I'm GMT - 8 I believe.

                          Could other people give me their availability? How does Sunday at 10 am PST
                          work for everyone? I think we met last time at that time.

                          Susan

                          > I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
                          > Just let us know when!
                          >
                          > Jane (in Montreal)
                          >
                          >> > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                          >> BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                          >> thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                          >> some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
                          > any
                          >> kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                          >> classes.
                          >> >
                          >> > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
                          > liven
                          >> up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                          >> online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                          >> >
                          >> > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                          >> > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                          >> >
                          >> > Thanks,
                          >> >
                          >> > Susan
                          >>

                          > For more information:

                          > For more information:

                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • CJones
                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                            Hi, Susan,

                            Depending on your date and time, I could talk about how I've used
                            voice chat in Yahoo Messenger for my students to do "interviews."
                            Also, I have them keep a blog on various class projects we've done.

                            What do I need on my computer system to appear in Breeze for your
                            presentation? The link you included below doesn't play well on my
                            computer with Windows 98 at home, but the earlier link you gave played
                            fine on the computer with windows XP I use at work. Would I be able to
                            see the presentation while you're presenting?

                            Chris Jones

                            <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

                            > Hi Everyone,
                            >
                            > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                            BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I thought
                            it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have some sort of
                            live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any kinds of cool
                            online stuff you may be experimenting with in your classes.

                            > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven up
                            my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in online
                            ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

                            > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                            > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                            >
                            > Thanks,
                            >
                            > Susan

                          • Barbara Dieu
                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                              Hi Susan,
                              I'd be interested in joining you as well.
                              Warm regards from Brazil,
                              Bee

                              Barbara Dieu
                              http://dekita.org
                            • cristina costa
                              Message 14 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                                Hi Susan,
                                on Weekdays I am usually available from 5pm (GMT)up.
                                The only day I can't make it this month is on November
                                9th because I'll be on duty that day!

                                beijinhos
                                cris

                                My blog: http://por-aguas-virtuais.blogspot.com/
                                My students' blog: http://fromstemtostern.blogspot.com
                                msn: navysternchen@...
                                Skype ID: navysternchen
                                YM ID: cristinacosta_pt

                                __________________________________
                                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                                Message 15 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                                  Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?

                                  I believe you are planning for this time?
                                  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283

                                  That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
                                  http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20

                                  19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.

                                  If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.

                                  Best,

                                  > That's great Daf. I'm be interested in hearing what you are doing with
                                  > your
                                  > classes these days.
                                  >
                                  > I'll write Jane in Yahoo. Thanks for forwarding her message.
                                  >
                                  > We need to figure out a time that works for you, Jane, Buth, Cris, Sus,
                                  > and
                                  > Mercedes. How do I do that? Also, probably best after the Webheads
                                  > Convergence I would think. I'm GMT - 8 I believe.
                                  >
                                  > Could other people give me their availability? How does Sunday at 10 am
                                  > PST
                                  > work for everyone? I think we met last time at that time.
                                  >
                                  > Susan

                                • Susan Bates
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                                    Hi Vance,

                                    That (20:00 GMT, Sunday Nov 20th) sounds like it might work. A quick Breeze
                                    demo and a Webheads discussion/mini presentation session could be lots of
                                    fun.

                                    I was just checking Cristina's students' blog and found lots of interesting
                                    material. Just meeting everyone online and having each person demo one
                                    interesting thing they are doing with their classes would be super
                                    interesting I think.

                                    If each person could send me a visual they'd like to talk about that would
                                    be awesome Send me a jpg or swf (flash) file you'd like to discuss with the
                                    group. That way I can preload these visuals into the Breeze meeting room.
                                    If your file is too large, send it by www.yousendit.com
                                    Otherwise send it to susanbates37@...

                                    I would like files from...
                                    Chris
                                    Buth
                                    Sus
                                    Mercedes
                                    Daf
                                    Jane
                                    Elizabeth
                                    Barbara

                                    ... and anyone else who would like to participate in the discussion.

                                    Thanks,

                                    Susan
                                    .
                                    > Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?
                                    >
                                    > I believe you are planning for this time?
                                    > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283
                                    >
                                    > That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
                                    > http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20
                                    >
                                    > 19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.
                                    >
                                    > If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.
                                    >
                                    > Best,
                                    >
                                    > Vance

                                  • Susan Bates
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                                      Hi Aiden,

                                      November 20th 20:00 GMT. Hope that works for you. If so send me a file
                                      (visual) of something you're doing in class you would like to discuss.

                                      Thanks,

                                      Susan
                                      > Let us know the time in GMT- and like everyone else, I'll try to be there
                                      > if time permits
                                      >
                                      > aiden

                                      > For more information:

                                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                    • Susan Bates
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Nov 5, 2005
                                        Hi Chris,

                                        Time will be 20:00 GMT on Sunday, November 20th. I hope you can make it. I
                                        think you need a fairly fast computer to play Breeze recordings because they
                                        are huge files, but you should be able to access most of the material at the
                                        conference. I believe a combination of computer speed and bandwidth are the
                                        two factors that play a role in how much information you can receive via
                                        video conferencing. Will you be using cable or dsl?

                                        I believe you should be able to access most of what we will be doing in
                                        Breeze Meeting, such as viewing webcam and broadcasting voice. You may
                                        experience a time lag in viewing video for example.

                                        I'd love to hear more about how you use Yahoo, and your students' blog. If
                                        you think you might be able to come, email me a visual (jpg or swf) that I
                                        can pre-load into the room.

                                        Thanks,

                                        Susan
                                        susanbates37@...