Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Anything you'd like to present?

  • Susan Bates
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 2, 2005
      Hi Chris,

      That's great. What is that you would like to discuss or present? I haven't
      set the time yet but will have to very soon. When are you free?

      Susan

      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 2, 2005
        Hi Susan--
        Give us a date and time, please? I'm in Pacific time
        and almost any afternoon except Fridays is good for
        me.
        --Elizabeth

        Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:36:45 -0800
        From: Susan Bates <susanbates37@...>
        Subject: Anything you'd like to present?

        Hi Everyone,

        I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or
        next at
        BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using
        Breeze, and I thought it would
        be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have some
        sort of live
        discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
        kinds of cool online stuff
        you may be experimenting with in your classes.

        I think that a discussion group or mini presentations
        might liven up my
        presentation and give a broader view of what's
        happening in online ESL
        instruction. Anyone interested?

        BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on
        Relationships:
        http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/

        Thanks,

        Susan

        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
      • Susanne Nyrop
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 2, 2005
          Dear Susan,

          if time allows me, I would love to attend another sesion in Breez, and perhaps share some sotires from our coming Nordic Voice conference that will hopefully generate some narratives; however my actual program is SOO tight. I'll get back to you on this, and good lcuk; I know you're doing a brave and terrific experimental work with Breeze.

          Yours, Sus

          Susanne Nyrop, exam.ped
          Online e-learning community developer
          Webheads in Action

          s.nyrop@...
          susannenyrop@...

          Den Nordiske Stemme - online 2005
          The Nordic Voice - online 2005
          http://www.nordiskestemme.dk
          Online konference 7. -12- november 2005

          Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:36:45 -0800
          From: Susan Bates <susanbates37@...>

          Hi Everyone,

          I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or
          next at
          BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using
          Breeze, and I thought it would
          be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have some
          sort of live
          discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
          kinds of cool online stuff
          you may be experimenting with in your classes.

          I think that a discussion group or mini presentations
          might liven up my
          presentation and give a broader view of what's
          happening in online ESL
          instruction. Anyone interested?

          BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on
          Relationships:
          http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/

          Thanks,

          Susan

          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

          Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online Distance learning schools

        • Aiden Yeh
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 2, 2005
            Hi Susan,

            Let us know the time in GMT- and like everyone else, I'll try to be there if time permits

            aiden

          • Susan Bates
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 2, 2005
              That sounds great, Sus. I'll be interested in hearing about the Nordic
              Conference.

            • Buthaina Al-Othman
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                Hi Susan,

                I enjoyed watching your Breeze class; you and your students were so
                cool, and the topic was awesome :) Congrats! Please count me in for
                your coming Breeze session.

                Looking forward to reading your next message with the date and time
                of your presentation!

                Cheers!

                Buth
                ---------

                In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
                <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

                > Hi Everyone,
                >
                > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
                kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                classes.

                > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
                up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

                > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Susan
              • Susan Bates
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                  Thanks Buth. It will be great to see and talk to you again.

                  Susan
                  > I enjoyed watching your Breeze class; you and your students were so
                  > cool, and the topic was awesome :) Congrats! Please count me in for
                  > your coming Breeze session.
                  >
                  > Looking forward to reading your next message with the date and time
                  > of your presentation!
                  >
                  > Cheers!
                  >
                  > Buth
                  > ---------
                  >
                  > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
                  > <susanbates37@s...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> Hi Everyone,
                  >>
                  >> I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                  > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                  > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                  > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
                  > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                  > classes.
                  >>
                  >> I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
                  > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                  > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                  >>
                  >> BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                  >> http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                  >>
                  >> Thanks,
                  >>
                  >> Susan
                  >

                  > For more information:

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Mercedes Rossetti
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                    Hi Susan:

                    Just had some time in my busy schedule these days and I watched your class. Congratulations on such cooperative work and fantastic use of technology. Just let us know when you are meeting again and I'll do my best to join you.

                    Mercedes Rossetti
                    Mexico

                    <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

                    > Hi Everyone,
                    >
                    > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                    BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                    thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                    some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
                    kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                    classes.

                    > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
                    up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                    online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

                    > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                    > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Susan

                    Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online Distance learning schools

                  • Susan Bates
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                      Hey thanks Mercedes. Will do. I was wondering if you could give me a
                      timeframe of when you, Buth, Cristina, and Sus might be available. That way
                      I can set the time for the webcast to suit everyone.

                      Susan
                      > Just had some time in my busy schedule these days and I watched your
                      > class. Congratulations on such cooperative work and fantastic use of
                      > technology. Just let us know when you are meeting again and I'll do my
                      > best to join you.
                      >
                      > Mercedes Rossetti
                      > Mexico
                      >
                      > Buthaina Al-Othman <buthaina_3@...> wrote:
                      > Hi Susan,
                      >
                      > I enjoyed watching your Breeze class; you and your students were so
                      > cool, and the topic was awesome :) Congrats! Please count me in for
                      > your coming Breeze session.
                      >
                      > Looking forward to reading your next message with the date and time
                      > of your presentation!
                      >
                      > Cheers!
                      >
                      > Buth
                      > ---------
                      >
                      > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
                      > <susanbates37@s...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Hi Everyone,
                      >>
                      >> I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                      > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                      > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                      > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
                      > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                      > classes.
                      >>
                      >> I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
                      > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                      > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                      >>
                      >> BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                      >> http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                      >>
                      >> Thanks,
                      >>
                      >> Susan
                      >

                      > For more information:

                      > Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning
                      > Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online
                      > Distance learning schools

                      > For more information:

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Jane Petring
                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                        Susan,
                        I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
                        Just let us know when!

                        Jane (in Montreal)

                        > > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                        > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                        > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                        > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
                        any
                        > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                        > classes.
                        > >
                        > > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
                        liven
                        > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                        > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                        > >
                        > > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                        > > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                        > >
                        > > Thanks,
                        > >
                        > > Susan

                      • Dafne
                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                          I would love to attend too, Susan!

                          Daf

                          Jane Petring <want2no7@...> wrote:
                          Susan,
                          I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
                          Just let us know when!

                          Jane (in Montreal)

                          > > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                          > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                          > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                          > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
                          any
                          > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                          > classes.
                          > >
                          > > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
                          liven
                          > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                          > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                          > >
                          > > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                          > > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                          > >
                          > > Thanks,
                          > >
                          > > Susan

                        • Susan Bates
                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                            That's great Daf. I'm be interested in hearing what you are doing with your
                            classes these days.

                            I'll write Jane in Yahoo. Thanks for forwarding her message.

                            We need to figure out a time that works for you, Jane, Buth, Cris, Sus, and
                            Mercedes. How do I do that? Also, probably best after the Webheads
                            Convergence I would think. I'm GMT - 8 I believe.

                            Could other people give me their availability? How does Sunday at 10 am PST
                            work for everyone? I think we met last time at that time.

                            Susan

                            > I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
                            > Just let us know when!
                            >
                            > Jane (in Montreal)
                            >
                            >> > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                            >> BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                            >> thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                            >> some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
                            > any
                            >> kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                            >> classes.
                            >> >
                            >> > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
                            > liven
                            >> up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                            >> online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                            >> >
                            >> > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                            >> > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                            >> >
                            >> > Thanks,
                            >> >
                            >> > Susan
                            >>

                            > For more information:

                            > For more information:

                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          • CJones
                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                              Hi, Susan,

                              Depending on your date and time, I could talk about how I've used
                              voice chat in Yahoo Messenger for my students to do "interviews."
                              Also, I have them keep a blog on various class projects we've done.

                              What do I need on my computer system to appear in Breeze for your
                              presentation? The link you included below doesn't play well on my
                              computer with Windows 98 at home, but the earlier link you gave played
                              fine on the computer with windows XP I use at work. Would I be able to
                              see the presentation while you're presenting?

                              Chris Jones

                              <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

                              > Hi Everyone,
                              >
                              > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                              BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I thought
                              it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have some sort of
                              live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any kinds of cool
                              online stuff you may be experimenting with in your classes.

                              > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven up
                              my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in online
                              ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

                              > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                              > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                              >
                              > Thanks,
                              >
                              > Susan

                            • Barbara Dieu
                              Message 14 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                                Hi Susan,
                                I'd be interested in joining you as well.
                                Warm regards from Brazil,
                                Bee

                                Barbara Dieu
                                http://dekita.org
                              • cristina costa
                                Message 15 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                                  Hi Susan,
                                  on Weekdays I am usually available from 5pm (GMT)up.
                                  The only day I can't make it this month is on November
                                  9th because I'll be on duty that day!

                                  __________________________________
                                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                                    Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?

                                    I believe you are planning for this time?
                                    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283

                                    That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
                                    http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20

                                    19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.

                                    If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.

                                    Best,

                                    > That's great Daf. I'm be interested in hearing what you are doing with
                                    > your
                                    > classes these days.
                                    >
                                    > I'll write Jane in Yahoo. Thanks for forwarding her message.
                                    >
                                    > We need to figure out a time that works for you, Jane, Buth, Cris, Sus,
                                    > and
                                    > Mercedes. How do I do that? Also, probably best after the Webheads
                                    > Convergence I would think. I'm GMT - 8 I believe.
                                    >
                                    > Could other people give me their availability? How does Sunday at 10 am
                                    > PST
                                    > work for everyone? I think we met last time at that time.
                                    >
                                    > Susan

                                  • Susan Bates
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                                      Hi Vance,

                                      That (20:00 GMT, Sunday Nov 20th) sounds like it might work. A quick Breeze
                                      demo and a Webheads discussion/mini presentation session could be lots of
                                      fun.

                                      I was just checking Cristina's students' blog and found lots of interesting
                                      material. Just meeting everyone online and having each person demo one
                                      interesting thing they are doing with their classes would be super
                                      interesting I think.

                                      If each person could send me a visual they'd like to talk about that would
                                      be awesome Send me a jpg or swf (flash) file you'd like to discuss with the
                                      group. That way I can preload these visuals into the Breeze meeting room.
                                      If your file is too large, send it by www.yousendit.com
                                      Otherwise send it to susanbates37@...

                                      I would like files from...
                                      Chris
                                      Buth
                                      Sus
                                      Mercedes
                                      Daf
                                      Jane
                                      Elizabeth
                                      Barbara

                                      ... and anyone else who would like to participate in the discussion.

                                      Thanks,

                                      Susan
                                      .
                                      > Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?
                                      >
                                      > I believe you are planning for this time?
                                      > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283
                                      >
                                      > That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
                                      > http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20
                                      >
                                      > 19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.
                                      >
                                      > If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.
                                      >
                                      > Best,
                                      >
                                      > Vance

                                    • Susan Bates
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                                        Hi Aiden,

                                        November 20th 20:00 GMT. Hope that works for you. If so send me a file
                                        (visual) of something you're doing in class you would like to discuss.

                                        Thanks,

                                        Susan
                                        > Let us know the time in GMT- and like everyone else, I'll try to be there
                                        > if time permits
                                        >
                                        > aiden

                                        > For more information:

                                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                      • Susan Bates
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Nov 5, 2005
                                          Hi Chris,

                                          Time will be 20:00 GMT on Sunday, November 20th. I hope you can make it. I
                                          think you need a fairly fast computer to play Breeze recordings because they
                                          are huge files, but you should be able to access most of the material at the
                                          conference. I believe a combination of computer speed and bandwidth are the
                                          two factors that play a role in how much information you can receive via
                                          video conferencing. Will you be using cable or dsl?

                                          I believe you should be able to access most of what we will be doing in
                                          Breeze Meeting, such as viewing webcam and broadcasting voice. You may
                                          experience a time lag in viewing video for example.

                                          I'd love to hear more about how you use Yahoo, and your students' blog. If
                                          you think you might be able to come, email me a visual (jpg or swf) that I
                                          can pre-load into the room.

                                          Thanks,

                                          Susan
                                          susanbates37@...