Anything you'd like to present?

  • Susan Bates
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 1, 2005
      Hi Everyone,

      I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your classes.

      I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

      BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
      http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/

      Thanks,

      Susan

    • cristina costa
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 1, 2005
        Dear Susan,
        I wouldn't mind to take part in this project of yours.
        I love a good intercation!:)
        But it will all depend on the time you are doing it.
        Just let me know. If it doesn't interfere with my work
        schedule I will happily do it.

        beijinhos
        cris

        My blog: http://por-aguas-virtuais.blogspot.com/
        My students' blog: http://fromstemtostern.blogspot.com
        msn: navysternchen@...
        Skype ID: navysternchen
        YM ID: cristinacosta_pt

        __________________________________
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
      • Susan Bates
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 2, 2005
          Hi Chris,

          That's great. What is that you would like to discuss or present? I haven't
          set the time yet but will have to very soon. When are you free?

          Susan

          > I wouldn't mind to take part in this project of yours.
          > I love a good intercation!:)
          > But it will all depend on the time you are doing it.
          > Just let me know. If it doesn't interfere with my work
          > schedule I will happily do it.
          >
          > beijinhos
          > cris
          >

          > My blog: http://por-aguas-virtuais.blogspot.com/
          > My students' blog: http://fromstemtostern.blogspot.com
          > msn: navysternchen@...
          > Skype ID: navysternchen
          > YM ID: cristinacosta_pt
          >

          > __________________________________
          > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          >

          > For more information:

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Dr Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 2, 2005
            Hi Susan--
            Give us a date and time, please? I'm in Pacific time
            and almost any afternoon except Fridays is good for
            me.
            --Elizabeth

            Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:36:45 -0800
            From: Susan Bates <susanbates37@...>
            Subject: Anything you'd like to present?

            Hi Everyone,

            I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or
            next at
            BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using
            Breeze, and I thought it would
            be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have some
            sort of live
            discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
            kinds of cool online stuff
            you may be experimenting with in your classes.

            I think that a discussion group or mini presentations
            might liven up my
            presentation and give a broader view of what's
            happening in online ESL
            instruction. Anyone interested?

            BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on
            Relationships:
            http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/

            Thanks,

            Susan

            <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
          • Susanne Nyrop
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 2, 2005
              Dear Susan,

              if time allows me, I would love to attend another sesion in Breez, and perhaps share some sotires from our coming Nordic Voice conference that will hopefully generate some narratives; however my actual program is SOO tight. I'll get back to you on this, and good lcuk; I know you're doing a brave and terrific experimental work with Breeze.

              Yours, Sus

              Susanne Nyrop, exam.ped
              Online e-learning community developer
              Webheads in Action

              s.nyrop@...
              susannenyrop@...

              Den Nordiske Stemme - online 2005
              The Nordic Voice - online 2005
              http://www.nordiskestemme.dk
              Online konference 7. -12- november 2005

              Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:36:45 -0800
              From: Susan Bates <susanbates37@...>

              Hi Everyone,

              I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or
              next at
              BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using
              Breeze, and I thought it would
              be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have some
              sort of live
              discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
              kinds of cool online stuff
              you may be experimenting with in your classes.

              I think that a discussion group or mini presentations
              might liven up my
              presentation and give a broader view of what's
              happening in online ESL
              instruction. Anyone interested?

              BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on
              Relationships:
              http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/

              Thanks,

              Susan

              <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

              Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online Distance learning schools

            • Aiden Yeh
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 2, 2005
                Hi Susan,

                Let us know the time in GMT- and like everyone else, I'll try to be there if time permits

                aiden

              • Susan Bates
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 2, 2005
                  That sounds great, Sus. I'll be interested in hearing about the Nordic
                  Conference.

                • Buthaina Al-Othman
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                    Hi Susan,

                    I enjoyed watching your Breeze class; you and your students were so
                    cool, and the topic was awesome :) Congrats! Please count me in for
                    your coming Breeze session.

                    Looking forward to reading your next message with the date and time
                    of your presentation!

                    Cheers!

                    Buth
                    ---------

                    In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
                    <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

                    > Hi Everyone,
                    >
                    > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                    BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                    thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                    some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
                    kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                    classes.

                    > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
                    up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                    online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

                    > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                    > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    >
                    > Susan
                  • Susan Bates
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                      Thanks Buth. It will be great to see and talk to you again.

                      Susan
                      > I enjoyed watching your Breeze class; you and your students were so
                      > cool, and the topic was awesome :) Congrats! Please count me in for
                      > your coming Breeze session.
                      >
                      > Looking forward to reading your next message with the date and time
                      > of your presentation!
                      >
                      > Cheers!
                      >
                      > Buth
                      > ---------
                      >
                      > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
                      > <susanbates37@s...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> Hi Everyone,
                      >>
                      >> I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                      > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                      > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                      > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
                      > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                      > classes.
                      >>
                      >> I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
                      > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                      > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                      >>
                      >> BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                      >> http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                      >>
                      >> Thanks,
                      >>
                      >> Susan
                      >

                      > For more information:

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Mercedes Rossetti
                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                        Hi Susan:

                        Just had some time in my busy schedule these days and I watched your class. Congratulations on such cooperative work and fantastic use of technology. Just let us know when you are meeting again and I'll do my best to join you.

                        Mercedes Rossetti
                        Mexico

                        <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

                        > Hi Everyone,
                        >
                        > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                        BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                        thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                        some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
                        kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                        classes.

                        > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
                        up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                        online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

                        > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                        > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        >
                        > Susan

                        Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online Distance learning schools

                      • Susan Bates
                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                          Hey thanks Mercedes. Will do. I was wondering if you could give me a
                          timeframe of when you, Buth, Cristina, and Sus might be available. That way
                          I can set the time for the webcast to suit everyone.

                          Susan
                          > Just had some time in my busy schedule these days and I watched your
                          > class. Congratulations on such cooperative work and fantastic use of
                          > technology. Just let us know when you are meeting again and I'll do my
                          > best to join you.
                          >
                          > Mercedes Rossetti
                          > Mexico
                          >
                          > Buthaina Al-Othman <buthaina_3@...> wrote:
                          > Hi Susan,
                          >
                          > I enjoyed watching your Breeze class; you and your students were so
                          > cool, and the topic was awesome :) Congrats! Please count me in for
                          > your coming Breeze session.
                          >
                          > Looking forward to reading your next message with the date and time
                          > of your presentation!
                          >
                          > Cheers!
                          >
                          > Buth
                          > ---------
                          >
                          > In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Susan Bates
                          > <susanbates37@s...> wrote:
                          >>
                          >> Hi Everyone,
                          >>
                          >> I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                          > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                          > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                          > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any
                          > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                          > classes.
                          >>
                          >> I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven
                          > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                          > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                          >>
                          >> BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                          >> http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                          >>
                          >> Thanks,
                          >>
                          >> Susan
                          >

                          > For more information:

                          > Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning
                          > Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online
                          > Distance learning schools

                          > For more information:

                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • Jane Petring
                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                            Susan,
                            I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
                            Just let us know when!

                            Jane (in Montreal)

                            > > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                            > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                            > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                            > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
                            any
                            > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                            > classes.
                            > >
                            > > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
                            liven
                            > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                            > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                            > >
                            > > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                            > > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                            > >
                            > > Thanks,
                            > >
                            > > Susan

                          • Dafne
                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                              I would love to attend too, Susan!

                              Daf

                              Jane Petring <want2no7@...> wrote:
                              Susan,
                              I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
                              Just let us know when!

                              Jane (in Montreal)

                              > > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                              > BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                              > thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                              > some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
                              any
                              > kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                              > classes.
                              > >
                              > > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
                              liven
                              > up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                              > online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                              > >
                              > > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                              > > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                              > >
                              > > Thanks,
                              > >
                              > > Susan

                            • Susan Bates
                              Message 14 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                                That's great Daf. I'm be interested in hearing what you are doing with your
                                classes these days.

                                I'll write Jane in Yahoo. Thanks for forwarding her message.

                                We need to figure out a time that works for you, Jane, Buth, Cris, Sus, and
                                Mercedes. How do I do that? Also, probably best after the Webheads
                                Convergence I would think. I'm GMT - 8 I believe.

                                Could other people give me their availability? How does Sunday at 10 am PST
                                work for everyone? I think we met last time at that time.

                                Susan

                                > I'd also be interested in participating if it works in my schedule.
                                > Just let us know when!
                                >
                                > Jane (in Montreal)
                                >
                                >> > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                                >> BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I
                                >> thought it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have
                                >> some sort of live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about
                                > any
                                >> kinds of cool online stuff you may be experimenting with in your
                                >> classes.
                                >> >
                                >> > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might
                                > liven
                                >> up my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in
                                >> online ESL instruction. Anyone interested?
                                >> >
                                >> > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                                >> > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                                >> >
                                >> > Thanks,
                                >> >
                                >> > Susan
                                >>

                                > For more information:

                                > For more information:

                                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                              • CJones
                                Message 15 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                                  Hi, Susan,

                                  Depending on your date and time, I could talk about how I've used
                                  voice chat in Yahoo Messenger for my students to do "interviews."
                                  Also, I have them keep a blog on various class projects we've done.

                                  What do I need on my computer system to appear in Breeze for your
                                  presentation? The link you included below doesn't play well on my
                                  computer with Windows 98 at home, but the earlier link you gave played
                                  fine on the computer with windows XP I use at work. Would I be able to
                                  see the presentation while you're presenting?

                                  Chris Jones

                                  <susanbates37@s...> wrote:

                                  > Hi Everyone,
                                  >
                                  > I'm going to be doing a webcast sometime this month or next at
                                  BCcampus--an online Canadian Community on using Breeze, and I thought
                                  it would be fun to have some Webhead enthusiasts to have some sort of
                                  live discussion via webcam/headset in Breeze about any kinds of cool
                                  online stuff you may be experimenting with in your classes.

                                  > I think that a discussion group or mini presentations might liven up
                                  my presentation and give a broader view of what's happening in online
                                  ESL instruction. Anyone interested?

                                  > BTW, here's another Breeze URL of a lesson on Relationships:
                                  > http://present.bccampus.ca/p37719248/
                                  >
                                  > Thanks,
                                  >
                                  > Susan

                                • Barbara Dieu
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                                    Hi Susan,
                                    I'd be interested in joining you as well.
                                    Warm regards from Brazil,
                                    Bee

                                    Barbara Dieu
                                    http://dekita.org
                                  • cristina costa
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Nov 3, 2005
                                      Hi Susan,
                                      on Weekdays I am usually available from 5pm (GMT)up.
                                      The only day I can't make it this month is on November
                                      9th because I'll be on duty that day!

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                                        Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?

                                        I believe you are planning for this time?
                                        http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283

                                        That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
                                        http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20

                                        19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.

                                        If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.

                                        Best,

                                        > That's great Daf. I'm be interested in hearing what you are doing with
                                        > your
                                        > classes these days.
                                        >
                                        > I'll write Jane in Yahoo. Thanks for forwarding her message.
                                        >
                                        > We need to figure out a time that works for you, Jane, Buth, Cris, Sus,
                                        > and
                                        > Mercedes. How do I do that? Also, probably best after the Webheads
                                        > Convergence I would think. I'm GMT - 8 I believe.
                                        >
                                        > Could other people give me their availability? How does Sunday at 10 am
                                        > PST
                                        > work for everyone? I think we met last time at that time.
                                        >
                                        > Susan

                                      • Susan Bates
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                                          Hi Vance,

                                          That (20:00 GMT, Sunday Nov 20th) sounds like it might work. A quick Breeze
                                          demo and a Webheads discussion/mini presentation session could be lots of
                                          fun.

                                          I was just checking Cristina's students' blog and found lots of interesting
                                          material. Just meeting everyone online and having each person demo one
                                          interesting thing they are doing with their classes would be super
                                          interesting I think.

                                          If each person could send me a visual they'd like to talk about that would
                                          be awesome Send me a jpg or swf (flash) file you'd like to discuss with the
                                          group. That way I can preload these visuals into the Breeze meeting room.
                                          If your file is too large, send it by www.yousendit.com
                                          Otherwise send it to susanbates37@...

                                          I would like files from...
                                          Chris
                                          Buth
                                          Sus
                                          Mercedes
                                          Daf
                                          Jane
                                          Elizabeth
                                          Barbara

                                          ... and anyone else who would like to participate in the discussion.

                                          Thanks,

                                          Susan
                                          .
                                          > Why not make your demonstration a part OF the Webheads convergence?
                                          >
                                          > I believe you are planning for this time?
                                          > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=20&year=2005&hour=10&min=0&sec=0&p1=283
                                          >
                                          > That's 18:00 GMT and the time is free on the WiAOC schedule here:
                                          > http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/convergence2005schedule.htm#sunday20
                                          >
                                          > 19:00 is taken but 20:00 and beyond are also free.
                                          >
                                          > If you want to appear on the schedule it can be arranged. Let me know.
                                          >
                                          > Best,
                                          >
                                          > Vance

                                        • Susan Bates
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Nov 4, 2005
                                            Hi Aiden,

                                            November 20th 20:00 GMT. Hope that works for you. If so send me a file
                                            (visual) of something you're doing in class you would like to discuss.

                                            Thanks,

                                            Susan
                                            > Let us know the time in GMT- and like everyone else, I'll try to be there
                                            > if time permits
                                            >
                                            > aiden

                                            > For more information:

                                            > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                          • Susan Bates
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Nov 5, 2005
                                              Hi Chris,

                                              Time will be 20:00 GMT on Sunday, November 20th. I hope you can make it. I
                                              think you need a fairly fast computer to play Breeze recordings because they
                                              are huge files, but you should be able to access most of the material at the
                                              conference. I believe a combination of computer speed and bandwidth are the
                                              two factors that play a role in how much information you can receive via
                                              video conferencing. Will you be using cable or dsl?

                                              I believe you should be able to access most of what we will be doing in
                                              Breeze Meeting, such as viewing webcam and broadcasting voice. You may
                                              experience a time lag in viewing video for example.

                                              I'd love to hear more about how you use Yahoo, and your students' blog. If
                                              you think you might be able to come, email me a visual (jpg or swf) that I
                                              can pre-load into the room.

                                              Thanks,

                                              Susan
                                              susanbates37@...