The Nordic Voice online , Nov 7 to 12

  • Susanne Nyrop
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2005
      Hi again, this is me, Sus!

      I think we should also have a Frappr map for the Nordic Voice Online conference in week 45.

      This is a conference for Nordic language educators, hopefully a catalyst for future Nordic Webheads CoP. And, this is where our dear Webheads colleagues are more than welcome to jump in and contribute with your broad experience and willingness to help others get involved. It's been a bit tricky to find out how to promote this and keep you updated, because we're encouraging the knowledge sharing in our local, neighbour languages Swedish, Danish and Norwegian, but we're also inviting some international presenters, with Michael Coghlan representing Webheads, plus Ruth Vilmi and Etienne Wenger (on podcasts, (with benevolent help from the dear Worldbridges gentlemen Dave & Jeff).

      We're using Moodle for asynch info and discussion fora, and Horizon Wimba live Classroom for most of our synchronous sessions. (starting at 12 noon GMT to about 18 GMT I think) Our program is almost ready, with a few details still to be settled, so please be patient. We also need to give our homepage a second overhaul http://www.nordiskestemme.dk

      For the moodle, http://moodle.ghs.dk/login/index.php?lang=en
      If you login from our homepage, please make sure you change the default Moodle language from Dansk to English when you register as a new "student". You should also edit your profile language preferences (unless you have a deep desire to learn some Nordic language, or getting confused at a higher level).
      We're using the Moodle server on Anne Fox's Danish school - that's why it is all Danish. We're interested in knowing about your opinion and willingness to jump in and help with our conference (week 45) & future CoP project. And in tomorrow's edtechtalk at 1400 GMT, Ruth Vilmi will practise a bit and I'll be ready to answer your questions about teh Nordic Voice conference . http://www.edtechtalk.com

      yours,
      busy Sus

      Susanne Nyrop, exam.ped
      Online e-learning community developer