Congratulations to dr. CoP!!

  • Susanne Nyrop
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2005
      Dear Chris,

      Finally back with us, and now with your final paper finally done!! Now I can imagine you're looking very much forward to get done with the PhD defense as well. When and where is that going to be, do you know yet?

      I am so happy to learn that you made it! We have indeed been missing you very much in our ongoing online community of practice, and people have been looking all over to find your eventual footprints. As you can see, Webheads are in full Action - so many activities are happening here all the time; it is indeed a busy life being a Webhead in Action! And I think if you did some more network analysis on the ongoing CoP related interaction here, you would discover how the quaity of work has developed over time, a robust community with a high degree of knowledge exhange, reflective inquiry and scaffolding peer collaboration.

      For those of you who may never have met Chris Johnson, he used to be part of our CoP as an action researcher, and in February 2003 he shared some of his research with us in an EVO course with Vance. Your image maps of the fundamentals of learning in a community of practice is still in use in many cases, and highly valued for its easy and powerful explanations.
      http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/tesol/baltimore2003/week4.html

      We'll be looking forward to read your thesis; I've been looking for it often in the hope that I could quote some golden eggs :-)

      a million hugs,

      Sus

      Susanne Nyrop, exam.ped
      Online e-learning community developer