blog host

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2005
      Hi, everyone!

      Please excuse the cross-post, but I think this blog host may be of interest to some of you: ClassChatter, "a free web log service designed specifically for the classroom. Classchatter.com puts powerful management tools in the hands of the teacher while protecting students' privacy and identities. Students are added into virtual "class" by a teacher or instructor where they may keep a personal blog, interact with fellow students' blogs or react to topical blogs created by the teacher. Classchatter is created and run by a full time teacher".
      http://www.classchatter.com/

      Have a nice weekend!

      Teresa

    • Nellie Deutsch
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 15, 2005
        Teresa,

        Thank you. I checked it. Do you find it better than Nice Net:
        http://www.nicenet.org <http://www.nicenet.org/>

        Best wishes,

        Nellie Deutsch

        Sharing is caring

        Chat with me <http://www.nelliemuller.com/Chat.with.Nellie.Deutsch.htm>
        online

        http://www.nelliemuller.com

        Welcome to <http://NELS.en101.com/web/Website/homesite01.aspx> En101 - A
        Common Language

        _____

        Please excuse the cross-post, but I think this blog host may be of interest
        to some of you: ClassChatter, "a free web log service designed specifically
        for the classroom. Classchatter.com puts powerful management tools in the
        hands of the teacher while protecting students' privacy and identities.
        Students are added into virtual "class" by a teacher or instructor where
        they may keep a personal blog, interact with fellow students' blogs or react
        to topical blogs created by the teacher. Classchatter is created and run by
        a full time teacher".
        http://www.classchatter.com/

        Have a nice weekend!

        Teresa

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        on the web.

        _____

      • Maria Irene Urriola
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 15, 2005
          Dear Nellie,
          I registered today to Classchatter and created a class there. I think
          Nicenet is different as it does not work as a blog. If a student hands in a
          homework, or just a message, there is no possibility of making a comment
          directly below the product sent by the student.
          Greetings,
          Maria Irene
          Valencia, Venezuela

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 15, 2005
            Thanks Teresa for this information, I have already created a class, and will
            experiment with it this semester.
            Greetings,
            Maria Irene
            Valencia, Venezuela