Addendum to Vance's comments re: TI WiA

  • sharonholdner
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
      Hi Everyone,

      Vance wrote:
      "I'm not sure if Jeff will be making this a weekly habit, but he
      seems keen on generating interest in making that virtual space
      friendly and useful, and now you know about it."

      We're fortunate to have Jeff's expertise and willingness to introduce
      more functionality into our WiA space. He is committed to doing so
      for the near future until everything is set into place.

      Two items for you to consider when you visit TI:

      PERSONAL THREADS - This feature was activated a few weeks ago in the
      Discussion section as a way for WiA members to introduce themselves
      and set up a venue for short bios which include their lines of
      interest and expertise, plus a place for posting requests for
      collaboration. It's a great way to see at a glance the skill sets
      that individual members possess and also to start a topic-driven
      thread that yields responses specific to the topic.

      When you visit the TI office, pls put up your personal thread.

      SHOWCASING THE "OTHER LIVES' OF WiA - This feature will be a
      rotating, highlighted section of the Welcome page in the WiA office
      and will contain direct links to WiA members' work outside of the COP.

      "Other Lives" will give members and casual visitors a snapshot of the
      professional lives of our COP members and can be used to stimulate
      informal and formal networking.

      If you would like to have a link to your page displayed on
      the Welcome page, pls send me the link and a short description of the
      page that will be accessed by the link.

      Sharon