Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Presentation Now Online - offline options

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
      Hi Yaodong.

      The only way I know of getting a copy offline is to record the
      archive using Camtasia or other similar screen grab software, while
      you are listening to it. Or you could use Audacity to just record the
      audio, and then provide people with the link to the text of the
      presentation at http://users.chariot.net.au/~michaelc/amep/pres.htm I
      could also send you the ppt slides of that was useful.

      Let me know if you decide try either of these options. I'm curious to
      know what works. And maybe someone has some other suggestion about
      how to do this?

      This is one of the great advantages of the Talking
      Communities/iVocalize/Alado tool - everyone can record their own copy
      of live sessions.

      - Michael.

    • vstevens@emirates.net.ae
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
        Hi everyone,

        I keep a record of webheads endeavors as well and I'm accumulating
        links associated with Michael's talk here:
        http://www.homestead.com/prosites-
        vstevens/files/efi/chat2005/chat2005.htm#050929

        On that page I'd like to call your attention to the next item down.
        http://www.homestead.com/prosites-
        vstevens/files/efi/chat2005/chat2005.htm#051002

        Many webheads have been working on the WiA CoP room at Tapped In.
        Jeff Coops has been extracting URLs from our chats and posting them
        there. Last week he had the idea to send me the code which I've put
        into the page, as you can see at that url.

        I'm not sure if Jeff will be making this a weekly habit, but he seems
        keen on generating interest in making that virtual space friendly and
        useful, and now you know about it. If you haven't been there lately
        check it out.

        From: Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...>
        Date: Sunday, October 2, 2005 2:16 pm
        Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Presentation Now Online

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1lQfA/LpQLAA/HwKMAA/FeXolB/TM
        > -~->
        >
        > For more information:

        > extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings,
        > please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the
        > reply - Thanks!!
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • sharonholdner
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
          Hi Everyone,

          Vance wrote:
          "I'm not sure if Jeff will be making this a weekly habit, but he
          seems keen on generating interest in making that virtual space
          friendly and useful, and now you know about it."

          We're fortunate to have Jeff's expertise and willingness to introduce
          more functionality into our WiA space. He is committed to doing so
          for the near future until everything is set into place.

          Two items for you to consider when you visit TI:

          PERSONAL THREADS - This feature was activated a few weeks ago in the
          Discussion section as a way for WiA members to introduce themselves
          and set up a venue for short bios which include their lines of
          interest and expertise, plus a place for posting requests for
          collaboration. It's a great way to see at a glance the skill sets
          that individual members possess and also to start a topic-driven
          thread that yields responses specific to the topic.

          When you visit the TI office, pls put up your personal thread.

          SHOWCASING THE "OTHER LIVES' OF WiA - This feature will be a
          rotating, highlighted section of the Welcome page in the WiA office
          and will contain direct links to WiA members' work outside of the COP.

          "Other Lives" will give members and casual visitors a snapshot of the
          professional lives of our COP members and can be used to stimulate
          informal and formal networking.

          If you would like to have a link to your page displayed on
          the Welcome page, pls send me the link and a short description of the
          page that will be accessed by the link.

          Sharon