[evonline2002_webheads] Presentation Now Online

  • YD Chen
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
      Thanks a million for sharing us the links.Michael, is it possible that I save the recording for offline 'playing' for my colleagues here in our college?I really want to impress them with this.None of them knows about LT or anything related to online teaching like this.
      Thank you again.
      Yaodong

      Michael Coghlan <michaelc@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone.

      The text of the presentation from last Friday, The Role of Technology
      in Language Teaching: Alternative Delivery or Mainstream? (in which
      Chris J and Aiden and Bee joined in) is now on the web at
      http://users.chariot.net.au/~michaelc/amep/pres.htm

      Archive also available via LearningTimes at
      http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=983413

      Enjoy ( hopefully) :)

      - Michael.

    • Michael Coghlan
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
        Hi Yaodong.

        The only way I know of getting a copy offline is to record the
        archive using Camtasia or other similar screen grab software, while
        you are listening to it. Or you could use Audacity to just record the
        audio, and then provide people with the link to the text of the
        presentation at http://users.chariot.net.au/~michaelc/amep/pres.htm I
        could also send you the ppt slides of that was useful.

        Let me know if you decide try either of these options. I'm curious to
        know what works. And maybe someone has some other suggestion about
        how to do this?

        This is one of the great advantages of the Talking
        Communities/iVocalize/Alado tool - everyone can record their own copy
        of live sessions.

        - Michael.

      • vstevens@emirates.net.ae
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
          Hi everyone,

          I keep a record of webheads endeavors as well and I'm accumulating
          links associated with Michael's talk here:
          http://www.homestead.com/prosites-
          vstevens/files/efi/chat2005/chat2005.htm#050929

          On that page I'd like to call your attention to the next item down.
          http://www.homestead.com/prosites-
          vstevens/files/efi/chat2005/chat2005.htm#051002

          Many webheads have been working on the WiA CoP room at Tapped In.
          Jeff Coops has been extracting URLs from our chats and posting them
          there. Last week he had the idea to send me the code which I've put
          into the page, as you can see at that url.

          I'm not sure if Jeff will be making this a weekly habit, but he seems
          keen on generating interest in making that virtual space friendly and
          useful, and now you know about it. If you haven't been there lately
          check it out.

          From: Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...>
          Date: Sunday, October 2, 2005 2:16 pm
          Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Presentation Now Online

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1lQfA/LpQLAA/HwKMAA/FeXolB/TM
          > -~->
          >
          > For more information:

          > extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings,
          > please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the
          > reply - Thanks!!
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • sharonholdner
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
            Hi Everyone,

            Vance wrote:
            "I'm not sure if Jeff will be making this a weekly habit, but he
            seems keen on generating interest in making that virtual space
            friendly and useful, and now you know about it."

            We're fortunate to have Jeff's expertise and willingness to introduce
            more functionality into our WiA space. He is committed to doing so
            for the near future until everything is set into place.

            Two items for you to consider when you visit TI:

            PERSONAL THREADS - This feature was activated a few weeks ago in the
            Discussion section as a way for WiA members to introduce themselves
            and set up a venue for short bios which include their lines of
            interest and expertise, plus a place for posting requests for
            collaboration. It's a great way to see at a glance the skill sets
            that individual members possess and also to start a topic-driven
            thread that yields responses specific to the topic.

            When you visit the TI office, pls put up your personal thread.

            SHOWCASING THE "OTHER LIVES' OF WiA - This feature will be a
            rotating, highlighted section of the Welcome page in the WiA office
            and will contain direct links to WiA members' work outside of the COP.

            "Other Lives" will give members and casual visitors a snapshot of the
            professional lives of our COP members and can be used to stimulate
            informal and formal networking.

            If you would like to have a link to your page displayed on
            the Welcome page, pls send me the link and a short description of the
            page that will be accessed by the link.

            Sharon