Presentation Now Online

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
      Hi everyone.

      The text of the presentation from last Friday, The Role of Technology
      in Language Teaching: Alternative Delivery or Mainstream? (in which
      Chris J and Aiden and Bee joined in) is now on the web at
      http://users.chariot.net.au/~michaelc/amep/pres.htm

      Archive also available via LearningTimes at
      http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=983413

      Enjoy ( hopefully) :)

      - Michael.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
        Dear Michael,

        Both sites are in the WiA Index and I have enjoyed both!!! :-)

        Hugs,

        Teresa

        > Hi everyone.
        > The text of the presentation from last Friday, The Role of Technology
        > in Language Teaching: Alternative Delivery or Mainstream? (in which
        > Chris J and Aiden and Bee joined in) is now on the web at
        > http://users.chariot.net.au/~michaelc/amep/pres.htm
        > Archive also available via LearningTimes at
        > http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=983413
        > Enjoy ( hopefully) :)
        > - Michael.
      • YD Chen

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2005
            Hi Yaodong.

            The only way I know of getting a copy offline is to record the
            archive using Camtasia or other similar screen grab software, while
            you are listening to it. Or you could use Audacity to just record the
            audio, and then provide people with the link to the text of the
            presentation at http://users.chariot.net.au/~michaelc/amep/pres.htm I
            could also send you the ppt slides of that was useful.

            Let me know if you decide try either of these options. I'm curious to
            know what works. And maybe someone has some other suggestion about
            how to do this?

            This is one of the great advantages of the Talking
            Communities/iVocalize/Alado tool - everyone can record their own copy
            of live sessions.

            - Michael.

          • vstevens@emirates.net.ae
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
              Hi everyone,

              I keep a record of webheads endeavors as well and I'm accumulating
              links associated with Michael's talk here:
              http://www.homestead.com/prosites-
              vstevens/files/efi/chat2005/chat2005.htm#050929

              On that page I'd like to call your attention to the next item down.
              http://www.homestead.com/prosites-
              vstevens/files/efi/chat2005/chat2005.htm#051002

              Many webheads have been working on the WiA CoP room at Tapped In.
              Jeff Coops has been extracting URLs from our chats and posting them
              there. Last week he had the idea to send me the code which I've put
              into the page, as you can see at that url.

              I'm not sure if Jeff will be making this a weekly habit, but he seems
              keen on generating interest in making that virtual space friendly and
              useful, and now you know about it. If you haven't been there lately
              check it out.

              From: Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...>
              Date: Sunday, October 2, 2005 2:16 pm
              Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Presentation Now Online

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1lQfA/LpQLAA/HwKMAA/FeXolB/TM
              > -~->
              >
              > For more information:

              > extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings,
              > please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the
              > reply - Thanks!!
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • sharonholdner
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 3, 2005
                Hi Everyone,

                Vance wrote:
                "I'm not sure if Jeff will be making this a weekly habit, but he
                seems keen on generating interest in making that virtual space
                friendly and useful, and now you know about it."

                We're fortunate to have Jeff's expertise and willingness to introduce
                more functionality into our WiA space. He is committed to doing so
                for the near future until everything is set into place.

                Two items for you to consider when you visit TI:

                PERSONAL THREADS - This feature was activated a few weeks ago in the
                Discussion section as a way for WiA members to introduce themselves
                and set up a venue for short bios which include their lines of
                interest and expertise, plus a place for posting requests for
                collaboration. It's a great way to see at a glance the skill sets
                that individual members possess and also to start a topic-driven
                thread that yields responses specific to the topic.

                When you visit the TI office, pls put up your personal thread.

                SHOWCASING THE "OTHER LIVES' OF WiA - This feature will be a
                rotating, highlighted section of the Welcome page in the WiA office
                and will contain direct links to WiA members' work outside of the COP.

                "Other Lives" will give members and casual visitors a snapshot of the
                professional lives of our COP members and can be used to stimulate
                informal and formal networking.

                If you would like to have a link to your page displayed on
                the Welcome page, pls send me the link and a short description of the
                page that will be accessed by the link.

                Sharon