Re: [evonline2002_webheads] aiden and the treasure chest [formerly] presentation October 24, 8:45 p.m. GMT

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
      Dear Aiden,

      Please stop the search! ;-) You sent them. It's me who hasn't inserted them
      yet!!!! Shame on me! I'll try to do it today!

      Hugs,

      Teresa

    • elderbob@elderbob.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
        Does this mean that there is a chance I might get to meet you in person
        for a cup of coffee....or maybe even come and get some live pictures of
        your presentation?. What is the physical location of your presentation?

        elderbob
        PS. Are there any other Webheads who might be in the area for an
        informal meetup? Bob Zwick? Others?

      • Aiden Yeh

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 2, 2005
            Hi, Elderbob,

            I'd forgotten you live in or near Dallas. It'd be fantastic to meet in
            person for coffee or dinner.

            It'd also be great to have you at the session, but you would probably
            have to pay the registration fee for the conference, which is
            pricey--around $300-400. The conference will be held at the Wyndham
            Anatole Hotel. Why don't you send me your phone number in a private
            message? Late Monday or Tuesday afternoon/evening would be the best times.

            Chris

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "elderbob@e..."

          • CJones
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 3, 2005
              Hi, all,

              I can't believe I did it, but I gave the wrong GMT for this
              presentation. It is 6:45 to 7:45 p.m. GMT. The local time of the
              presentation is 1:45 p.m. CDT. (I converted for Arizona time, not the
              time zone for Dallas.) Sorry! My excuse is that I was on massive
              doses of prescription sinus medication this weekend and was feeling
              really exhausted either from the sinus problem or the medication.

              Chris Jones

              --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Chris Jones

            • Rita Zeinstejer
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 4, 2005
                Hi, dear Chris,

                I think I'll be able to make it on October 24, will turn up at my office (at school) later....;-)

                I also participated in Daf's online sessions with her Architecture stds, and for her project on Bridges around the World, I showed a ppt on an Argentinian Bridge, together with Sus and Tere, who also presented on bridges in their places. This is one option, that is, talking on the whole task devised, including lead-in and follow-up activities as well as the interaction with the stds at Elluminate. But I guess it's Dafne who would make a better description of the project and of the impact it had on her stds.

                I might also speak about a project I carried out through YM with my stds and Carol Wilson-Duffy, an EFL teacher from Michigan State University last year. We prepared our stds asynchronously in a forum and then, once they got to know each other, they met on YM for a synchronous chat session. Carol´s stds were studying English in the States, and, coming from other cultures, they found many differences between their customs and the American lifestyle.

                Our project entailed talking about these differences, as students in Argentina have also different ideas on the American way of life, and both Carol and me thought the topic would raise a good deal of discussion and language exchange. So it did, and the chat at YM proved a very realistic kind of interaction. In fact, stds felt so much at ease in the virtual environment they didn't comply too much with the "rules of the game", and their topics soon turned to "sports", in general, as Argentina is well-known in that respect :-(
                I don't happen to have anything to show, though, Chris, sorry to tell you, not even the chatlog. But I might show some other chatlogs I saved on different circumnstances.
                You tell me if anything of this can be of any help to you.

                My best,

                Rita