webheads who speak Italian

  • Susan Burg
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      Aiden,

      If the spelling is 'Gratiano' we would pronounce it

      [3] Gra-tia-no (pronounced 't')

      If, in Italian, the spelling is GRAZIANO, then we would pronounce it this way: GRATSIANO.

      Shakespeare might have altered the original names...well, look at this: Rome is Roma, Florence is Firenze, Naples is Napoli.....right??? and Venice is Venezia!!

      Susan in Florence

      Dear webheads who speak Italian,

      I need help with pronunciation. In Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice, there's a character named 'Gratiano', Bassanio's friend and servant. What's the correct pronunciation of 'Gratiano'?

      Help!

      aiden

      http://susaneb.blogspot.com/
      http://www3.unifi.it/fscfo/classivirtuali/