Re: [evonline2002_webheads] help with italian pronunciation

  • deena lynn furgerson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2005
      I speak Italian pretty well (considering I've been living here for over 25 years) and even if I still preserve an American accent, you pronounce it as
      Gra-tzee-a-no
      with the 'a's pronounced like the word 'awe' and the main stress in on the first syllable...

      Deena Furgerson

      Aiden Yeh <aidenyeh@...> wrote:
      Dear webheads who speak Italian,

      I need help with pronunciation. In Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice, there's a character named 'Gratiano', Bassanio's friend and servant. What's the correct pronunciation of 'Gratiano'?

      [1] Gra-shia-no
      [2] Gra-sia- no ('s' as in spanish 's')
      [3] Gra-tia-no (pronounced 't')

      Help!

      aiden

      Distance learning education Accredited distance learning Distance learning Distance learning master degree Distance learning education online Distance learning schools

      Deena Lynn