Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Seeking a few beta-testers for LiveChat (Audio/Video) Chat

  • Imre Szabo
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
      Dear Jim,

      I am Imre from Hungary and at the moment I am working on my IATEFL presentatation. Its title is online communication tools for maintaining international school connections. So, I kindly help you with testing your LiveChat application.
      I have got a broadband internet connection and a microphone, but unfortunately I haven't got a webcam.

      Best,

      Imre

      My datas:

      1. FIRST NAME: Imre

      2. LAST NAME: Szabo

      3. EMAIL ADDRESS: hamorititk@...

      4. LOCATION: Hungary

      Jim Duber <jim@...> wrote:
      Greetings Webheads,

      I'm in the final stages of developing a LiveChat application where
      participants can pair up in different 'chat rooms' and then communicate
      live, in real-time, with support for audio/video and text chatting.

      I'm now at the point where I could use some feedback and am looking for
      a few kind volunteers to try things out and then let me know your
      impressions and any suggestions you might have for things that could
      use improvement.

      If you are willing to help out in this endeavor, and have a working
      webcam or microphone on your computer please reply to me *privately* at
      my email address: jim@...

      Please send the following information along with your reply so that I
      can manually register you in the user database:

      1) What is your first name?

      FIRST NAME:

      2) What is your last name?

      LAST NAME:

      3) What email address would you like to use for this purpose?

      EMAIL ADDRESS:

      4) Where are you located?

      LOCATION:

      I'll then send you the URL for the application and your login details.

      Thanks very much and all the best,

      Jim
      Jim Duber jim@...
      duber dot com http://duber.com
      Interactive Media Development, Training and Consulting

      Have you seen the LetsTalk Discussions?
      http://duber.com/LetsTalk/

      Imre Szabó
      English teacher
      +36702031047

    • CJones
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2005
        Hi, everyone,

        I had the pleasure of checking out Jim Duber's new chat room with him
        this morning. Although I've used his Let's Talk discussion board, it's
        the first time we've actually talked rather than emailed. It was great
        to "meet" him.

        I was working off my 56K modem, so he was surprised that he could see
        my webcam at all. It was pretty jerky, and the sound was choppy.
        However, the sound was completely clear after we both disabled our
        webcams. If somebody else has signed up to test the Live Chat and
        would like a practice partner, let me know.

        Chris