Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: [baw2005] Re: Cross-posting with Pleasure for a Sat. Night of Best Wishes

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2005
      Dear Daf,

      We've just returned from a wonderful and relaxing 4 days in the Algarve:
      fabulous weather, warm sea water, few people at the beach and wonderful food
      and wine in the restaurants. And, best of all, being with Joao and Pedro!
      :-)

      I tried calling you after receiving your cell phone message, but your phone
      number wasn't available. I'll try again this evening or tomorrow.

      On reading about your plight - you had hinted very bad times in the message,
      but I never imagined such a humiliating ordeal! - I asked myself: Are we in
      the 21st century?! Of course, I feel as all those who have said comforting
      words and I second everything said.

      It's time to enjoy the peace and quiet for a few days and to recharge
      batteries, preferably Duracell, to last you for another year in your
      country.

      Hugs to you and family in Gata,

      Tere

      > ... I am in ┬ĘSpain now, after a traumatic experience at the airport in
      > Caracas. I got busted for 3 hours by the National Guard :-( I was
      > psychologically humiliated, I was even taken to a hospital for an X-ray
      > under suspicion of being a narco dealer :-( and they forced me to pay for
      > the X-ray if I wanted to be on time for my flight. Details are too
      > cumbersome to be explained here. But you can imagine how I felt in that
      > moment, and I was not the first one to be given this treatment (they
      > usually do it to women traveling alone). They knew I had nothing, but they
      > did not like that I knew my civilian rights, and spoke up, as I usually
      > do. I am not scared, and as I have always said I prefer to die standing
      > up, than living on my knees.
      I was warmly received by the authorities at the airport in Spain (which made
      me feel worse about what is happening in my country) and I am feeling a
      human being again.
      hugs,
      Daf