busted

  • Michael Marzio
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2005
      More power to you Daf!

      I'm just glad they didn't lock you up on general principles of acting like a
      self-respectinbg human being. And I'm glad to hear that you still HAVE a
      measure of civil rights which is not the case in all countries. Have fun in
      Spain!

      Mike

      From: Dafne <dygonza@...>

      (snip) > I am in ┬ĘSpain now, after a traumatic experience at the airport in
      Caracas. I got busted for 3 hours by the National Guard :-( I was
      psychologically humiliated, I was even taken to a hospital for an X-ray
      under suspicion of being a narco dealer :-( and they forced me to pay for
      the X-ray if I wanted to be on time for my flight. Details are too
      cumbersome to be explained here. But you can imagine how I felt in that
      moment, and I was not the first one to be given this treatment (they usually
      do it to women traveling alone). They knew I had nothing, but they did not
      like that I knew my civilian rights, and spoke up, as I usually do. I am not
      scared, and as I have always said I prefer to die standing up, than living
      on my knees. (snip)