Re: [baw2005] Re: Cross-posting with Pleasure for a Sat. Night of Best Wishes

  • Dafne
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 27, 2005
      Thanks a lot Richard! I am listening while packing (traveling to Spain tomorrow morning! )

      Cheers,
      Daf

      Richard <speech_communication@...> wrote:
      Apologies for yet a 2nd posting! Internet Explorer is the only way to
      open the sound files I dedicated for "Balada del loco," in male and
      female renditions here:

      http://www.todotango.com/spanish/biblioteca/letras/letras_autor.asp?idc=43&c=Horacio+Ferrer

      And, since I am a Firefox user, I found out belatedly the above music
      files will only open in a pop-up window, if you use the Internet
      Explorer Browser to open the above.

      Sincerely,
      Richard Green

    • Maria Irene Urriola
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 28, 2005
        Have a nice trip; I hope you enjoy your stay in Spain, especially after a
        year in this mess of country Chavez has given us.
        Greetings,
        María Irene

        Pleasure for a Sat. Night of Best Wishes

        Thanks a lot Richard! I am listening while packing (traveling to Spain
        tomorrow morning! )

        Cheers,
        Daf

        Richard <speech_communication@...> wrote:
        Apologies for yet a 2nd posting! Internet Explorer is the only way to
        open the sound files I dedicated for "Balada del loco," in male and
        female renditions here:

        http://www.todotango.com/spanish/biblioteca/letras/letras_autor.asp?idc=43&c
        =Horacio+Ferrer

        And, since I am a Firefox user, I found out belatedly the above music
        files will only open in a pop-up window, if you use the Internet
        Explorer Browser to open the above.

        Sincerely,
        Richard Green

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Dafne

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 29, 2005
            What a dreadful situation you have been put to! I hope
            you’re able to rest and enjoy your time now. People
            who take advantage of the power they hold in a wrong,
            offensive way disgust me…some people should know
            better…
            My warm wishes and thoughts go to you Dafne

            Beijinhos

            cris

            My blog: http://por-aguas-virtuais.blogspot.com/
            msn: navysternchen@...
            Skype ID: navysternchen
            YM ID: cristinacosta_pt

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • Arif Altun
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 29, 2005
              Daf,

              I am sorry what you have experienced. It hurts more when you have your
              own people doing that. What a shame we have our own people being a
              stranger to us!

              >I was warmly received by the authorities at the airport in Spain (which made me feel worse about what is happening in my country) and I am feeling a human being again.

              Arif
            • Jane Petring
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 30, 2005
                Oh Dafne,
                What a horrific experience you went through. Thank goodness you're
                safe now. It has occurred to me that authorities have no idea what
                force they may be up against when they go after a webhead....can you
                imagine the international outcry we would be able to pull together if
                one of us were detained for a longer period of time?

                BTW, my first group of students loved you students' blogs.

                Jane

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Dafne <dygonza@y...>

                http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.ht

                > extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please
                delete
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >

                > For more information:

                http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.ht

                extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please
                delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply -
                Thanks!!

                Service.

              • Dafne
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 30, 2005
                  Dear Bee, Cristina, Arif, Michael, Bee, Aiden, Maria Irene, Jane, and all,

                  It is reassuring to read your messages. I am really moved by your concern and care. I am still under the shock of facing these men??? armed with long weapons while the whole country is surrounded by violence, hunger, and guerila, supported by the own gov`t.

                  Thank you very much, dear friends.

                  Daf

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 30, 2005
                    I am really happy that your students loved my students´blogs. I will make sure they learn about it. They will be delighted :-)

                    Stay tuned for the plog (blog with podcasts) I will have with my next group starting mid Sep.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 30, 2005
                      Dear Dafne,
                      You don't know how bad and MAD I am after reading your mail. God will allow
                      us to see better moments in this "land of grace". You are a strong and
                      determined woman and all these bad moments will take you to safer places.
                      Greetings,
                      María Irene

                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 31, 2005
                        Daf,

                        I just read about your incident in the Caracas airport. (I've been out of town for a short while and then preparing for a new school year and am very behind with reading Webhead's emails.) I was so shocked and horrified you had to suffer through what they did to you. It makes me feel very sad, too, as all the other Webheads had mentioned their feelings, that people treat others this way. I don't want to repeat what everyone else said but I sure feel the same way as all the others who expressed their concerns. I just hope it never happens to you again.

                        With warm hugs,

                        Candy

                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 1, 2005
                          Dear Daf,

                          We've just returned from a wonderful and relaxing 4 days in the Algarve:
                          fabulous weather, warm sea water, few people at the beach and wonderful food
                          and wine in the restaurants. And, best of all, being with Joao and Pedro!
                          :-)

                          I tried calling you after receiving your cell phone message, but your phone
                          number wasn't available. I'll try again this evening or tomorrow.

                          On reading about your plight - you had hinted very bad times in the message,
                          but I never imagined such a humiliating ordeal! - I asked myself: Are we in
                          the 21st century?! Of course, I feel as all those who have said comforting
                          words and I second everything said.

                          It's time to enjoy the peace and quiet for a few days and to recharge
                          batteries, preferably Duracell, to last you for another year in your
                          country.

                          Hugs to you and family in Gata,

                          Tere