Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Help - Blended learning in face-to face EAP courses

  • Dan Bassill
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 3, 2005
      I participated in a face to face conference last weekend that was organized
      by people who first met in the www.omidyar.net on-line community. These
      were people from different parts of the world and they did all of the
      planning for the event in the o-net space. They even raised $4,000 so that
      some people could attend from as far away as Germany.

      One of the participants was from Rio and hosts an on-line portal called
      Catalytic Communities http://www.catcomm.org/

      It seems to me that this might be a group some of our South American friends
      might want to connect with and through (if you're not already involved with
      them).

      Dan Bassill
      Tutor/Mentor Connection

      PS: We have a commitment from IUPUI to host an eConference in November
      (dates not set yet), but we do not yet has a host for the face-to-face
      conference in Chicago. If any of you are at Chicago universities and can
      make space available for 2-days between Nov. 1 and Thanksgiving, please
      inquire and contact me. Thanks. I'm waiting to firm up dates for the
      Chicago conference and Tutor/Mentor eConferences before I submit a proposal
      to participate in the WIA conference in November.

    • Susana Canelo
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 5, 2007
        Hello Amy:
        I visited the wiki. It's fantastic !!!
        I added my pin on the map and entered Call for reading topic.
        I wanted to leave a message:

        "Good discussion.!!! I know we haven't enough time to use the computer lab. But if you prepare a blog or wiki and upload or link activities your students can go ahead without you. At home or in a cyber café.
        It's great how many resources they can use to go on learning.
        Congratulations for your experience.
        Susana Canelo
        From Del Valle in Argentina·"

        But the problem was the Google ads. It covers part of the window and I couldn't find any send buttom. Sorry.
        If you like copy and paste the comment and add it there, just do it.
        A hug
        Susana

        Amy Meckelborg <amyvmeck@...> escribió:
        Hello Webheads,

        I've been lurking in your midst for a few months now, ever since taking the
        BaW2007 workshop. I am teaching a course this term and decided it was time
        to try out using a wiki in class. Thanks to Joao and others who have helped
        me, the wiki project is underway and I'd now like to invite your
        participation.

        The course is a master's level introductory CALL course to pre-service and
        in-service ESL teachers. The students are working on developing a CALL
        learning resource and part of that process required them to review the
        literature in their area of interest. They have been working in small groups
        and have posted the first draft of these 'lit reviews' in a wiki.

        For the next three weeks, the wikis will be open for contributions, edits
        and comments from others. My students and I would really appreciate it if
        you would take a look at what they've done and give them some feedback or
        suggestions or just encouragement. We have opened the wikis with some
        trepidation, as this is the first time for all of us to use a wiki. But the
        students are quite excited at the possibility of getting input from
        professionals from around the globe.

        Here is the URL to the class wiki: http://www.c-all.wikispaces.com

        Thanks in advance for your participation.

        Amy