Re: [evonline2002_webheads] The Herald Tribune provides "language tools."

  • gra pa
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2005
      Thank you, Barbara!
      I just tried it and found it very useful for foreigners and for intermediate-advanced students. Also for teachers! I even selected a very interesting article about the clash history vs progress due to some historical ruins the've found doing excavations for a new subway.
      Great! Thanks!

      Graciela

      Barbara Chap <barbara.chap@...> wrote:
      Dear Friends,

      I stumbled on this today: The Herald Tribune, which I think has interesting
      articles and offers students "real" English to read, has language tools on
      the side bar of many articles. You can select English into German (or
      Spanish, French, Portuguese, or Italian as well as English) a page appears
      that is connected with a dictionary so that every word can be translated.
      The student still has to decide which definition fits the context.

      Try it yourself http://www.iht.com/

      I'm adding it to my student website.

      Barb