Lake Champlain; Brazil

  • Jane Petring
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      Christine--
      I haven't forgotten about our Lake Champlain rendez-vous, but we've
      hardly gotten out of the marina this year...the boat has needed lots
      of work. You can see a few pictures that I put on my photoblog (the
      one with all the people is NOT our boat, but the others are)
      http://lajoiedevivre-sailing.buzznet.com/user/?id=1394010

      and Bee--
      I would love oh so much to jump into your seaside Brazilian
      pictures!!! One of these years!

      Jane

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, cbauer-ramazani@s...
      wrote:
      > My husband knew the two ingredients right away, when I mentioned
      our online
      > discussion. I will most definitely look for the seeds to grow
      garlic
      > chives; maybe Elizabeth could bring some to TESOL in Tampa!
      >
      > Susan, If your mom knows where to get Shanbalileh in the U.S., that
      would
      > definitely help. Bringing seeds or other kinds of dried fruit into
      the U.S.
      > is always an issue-it is illegal-so I try to abide by the rules,
      especially
      > since my interview for American citizenship is coming up on
      September 6!

      > I would love to visit with you in Montreal, Jane, and look for some
      > ingredients there, although it would be the same issue as above.
      Weren't we
      > were going to meet on Lake Champlain this summer? Have you not
      sailed down
      > here yet? My husband and I kayaked up near the Canadian border on
      Saturday
      > and saw lots of Canadian sailboats.
      >
      > Speaking of Montreal and get-togethers-the international NAFSA
      conference
      > will be in Montreal next year, May 21-26, and a Canadian friend from
      > Fredericton, NB, and I just submitted a proposal for a presentation
      (the
      > deadline is today). Anybody else going to be there?
      >
      > Christine

      Christine in
> [...]
      > shanbalileh (although if you overdo it, it could make the dish
      > bitter).
      >
      > I wish it had occurred to me to get you the dried ghormeh sabzi
      > ingredients while you were visiting, Christine. Definitely next
      > time, though! (Inshallah, which, as Dennis knows, is our way of
      > saying "God willing.") On the other hand, this way I can be sure
      of
      > more guests! So everybody (meaning Chris, Dennis, Buth, Lee,
      > Elizabeth, Jane, Teresa, Sus, my dear Christine, and Webheads
      > worldwide!), just let me know when I may have the honor of treating
      > you to some tasty Persian dishes!
      >
      > Sincerely looking forward to it,
      > Susan Marandi @>---;--
      >
      > P.S. It just occurred to me: Maybe my mom would know where you
      > could find the stuff in the States. I'll ask her. :-)
      >

      > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, cbauer-ramazani@s...
      > wrote:
      > > Wow, more people coming for the potential reunion in Tehran?
      > Thanks for
      > > your comments, Buth. Next would be the recipe for Ghormeh Sabzi,
      > of course.
      > > Unfortunately, I was told by Iranian women that several major
      > ingredients
      > > for it cannot be obtained in the U.S. I wonder if that is the
      > case anymore.
      > > I must say that I didn't try it after I heard that. I'm going to
      > look at
      > > the recipe again in the book "In a Persian Kitchen", which has
      the
      > recipes
      > > in English (that goodness!).
      > >
      > > I just checked for a recipe on the Web and found it at
      > > http://www.iranmania.com/travel/eating/ghormehsabzi.asp
      > <http://www.iranmania.com/travel/eating/ghormehsabzi.asp>
      > > <http://www.iranmania.com/travel/eating/ghormehsabzi.asp
      > <http://www.iranmania.com/travel/eating/ghormehsabzi.asp> > . The
      > missing
      > > ingredients seem to be tareh (garlic chives) and shanbelileh
      > (fenugreek),
      > > which I have never heard of. I might be able to find Fenugreek
      > seeds at an
      > > Indian or Herb store; don't know about garlic chives; maybe
      garlic
      > would be
      > > ok.
      > >
      > > Do you use those ingredients, Buth? Has anyone tried to cook
      > Ghormeh Sabzi
      > > outside of Iran or Kuwait?
      > >

      > > Here are Wikipedia's explanations for Fenugreek at
      > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenugreek
      > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenugreek>
      > > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenugreek
      > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenugreek> > and Garlic Chives:
      > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic_chives
      > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic_chives>
      > > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic_chives
      > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garlic_chives> > .
      > >
      > > I have the smell of Ghormeh Sabzi in my nose ...!

      Massey,
      > > took
      > > > of our meeting in Tehran, Iran. To see them, go to the
      Webheads

      http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.h

      <http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.h

      > tm

      <http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.

      <http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.>

      > htm>
      > >
      > > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other
      > > extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings,
      > please delete
      > > this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply -
      > Thanks!!
      > >

      > > _____
      > >
      > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      > >

      > > * Visit your group "evonline2002_webheads
      > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evonline2002_webheads
      web.

      > subject=Unsubscrib
      > > e>

      > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> >
      > Terms of Service.
      > >

      > > _____

      > For more information:

      http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.ht

      <http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.h
      tm>

      > extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!plying to postings, please
      delete

      > _____
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > * Visit your group "evonline2002_webheads
      > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evonline2002_webheads> " on the web.

      subject=Unsubscrib