Birthdays in August

  • Barbara Dieu
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 1 5:17 AM
      Checking my Birthday alarm and wow! Lots of Leos and Virgos so there will be
      some partying hearty all around the world this month! Happy birthday to all
      of you.

      I start the list and welcome a card on August 3rd (Wednesday) :-)
      Aiden Yeh would also be very happy to get one in Taiwan on August 8th
      (Monday)
      Aaron Campbell celebrates his birthday with the family in Missouri on August
      11th (Thursday) together with Dennis Oliver in Arizona
      Maria Irene Urriola dances cheek to cheek in Venezuela on August 18th
      (Thursday)
      Lee Ann Baber drinks champagne in Canada (?) on August 19th (Friday)
      Andy Chernel in Czech Republic and Christel Schneider in Germany are the
      last ones to leave the party on August 28th. (Sunday)

      If you have not yet added your name to the webheads birthday list, please do
      so at
      http://www.BirthdayAlarm.com/dob/23390227a92169405b363
      Don't worry it is quick, and you don't have to enter your year of birth :-).

      Warm regards from Brazil,
      Bee

      Barbara Dieu
      http://dekita.org
    • Susana Canelo
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 5, 2007
        Hello Amy:
        I visited the wiki. It's fantastic !!!
        I added my pin on the map and entered Call for reading topic.
        I wanted to leave a message:

        "Good discussion.!!! I know we haven't enough time to use the computer lab. But if you prepare a blog or wiki and upload or link activities your students can go ahead without you. At home or in a cyber café.
        It's great how many resources they can use to go on learning.
        Congratulations for your experience.
        Susana Canelo
        From Del Valle in Argentina·"

        But the problem was the Google ads. It covers part of the window and I couldn't find any send buttom. Sorry.
        If you like copy and paste the comment and add it there, just do it.
        A hug
        Susana

        Amy Meckelborg <amyvmeck@...> escribió:
        Hello Webheads,

        I've been lurking in your midst for a few months now, ever since taking the
        BaW2007 workshop. I am teaching a course this term and decided it was time
        to try out using a wiki in class. Thanks to Joao and others who have helped
        me, the wiki project is underway and I'd now like to invite your
        participation.

        The course is a master's level introductory CALL course to pre-service and
        in-service ESL teachers. The students are working on developing a CALL
        learning resource and part of that process required them to review the
        literature in their area of interest. They have been working in small groups
        and have posted the first draft of these 'lit reviews' in a wiki.

        For the next three weeks, the wikis will be open for contributions, edits
        and comments from others. My students and I would really appreciate it if
        you would take a look at what they've done and give them some feedback or
        suggestions or just encouragement. We have opened the wikis with some
        trepidation, as this is the first time for all of us to use a wiki. But the
        students are quite excited at the possibility of getting input from
        professionals from around the globe.

        Here is the URL to the class wiki: http://www.c-all.wikispaces.com

        Thanks in advance for your participation.

        Amy