Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Question: ftp prgm?

  • Candace Pauchnick
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2005
      Dear Rudolf,
      I found this information extremely interesting and I will certainly let our technology administration know about this change in Ipswitch. I am glad you sent the link of the press release and I found it most enlightening. I'm impressed with your knowledge of the latest changes and with good suggestions of what to try. I will pass along FileZilla & Fugu to my colleagues, too. Thanks a million for sharing all of this.

      This is one more reason why I love this Webhead group!!! I always learn so much from all of you!
      Candy

      Ammann Rudolf <ammann@...-u.ac.jp> wrote:
      Candace Pauchnick wrote:

      > Here is the link where you can download it.
      > http://www.uottawa.ca/help/ws_ftpe.html

      WS_FTP is made and distributed by Ipswitch, and by re-distributing the
      application, the University of Ottawa is almost certainly in breach of
      Ipswitch's licensing terms.

      Ipswitch, in addition, has recently withdrawn the free version of the
      product from the "educational market":

      <http://www.ipswitch.com/company/press_releases/050503_wsftp_education.asp>

      Of course, there are open-source alternatives that are every bit as good
      and that don't have any restrictive licensing terms. Among those, I'd
      recommend FileZilla for Windows and Fugu for Mac.

      :: Rudolf
      :: http://dekita.org

    • Rudolf Ammann
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
        Candace Pauchnick wrote:

        >Thanks a million for sharing all of this.

        No problem.

        Next time you're looking for a piece of software, you might want to
        start on Tucows.

        Here's the FileZilla page:

        http://www.tucows.com/preview/209262

        For alternative suggestions, type "FTP client" in the search box top
        right, choose your operating system and hit "Go".

        The more cows, the better the rating.

        :: Rudolf
        :: http://dekita.org
      • Candace Pauchnick
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
          Dear Rudolf,
          I looked at the FileZilla version 2.2.0 and it looks good to me and it seems very popular with 4 cows! Again, I will pass this on to my other colleagues. This is great information. All your help deserves 5 big healthy cows!!!!! :-) :-) :-)
          Thanks another million!!!!
          Candy