542Re: Best Ed. site on the web and new member

  • aidenyeh
    Mar 7, 2002
      Vance,

      I tried going to our wimba site but everytime I open it, there's an
      error on the page. Is it my compu. or has anyone in the group
      encountered the same thing?

      Aiden

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., Vance Stevens <vstevens@e...>
      wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I've just awakened on a weekend day in Abu Dhabi and found Arlyn's
      very kind words in reaction to Renata's letting the list know about
      her website. What a nice start to the weekend. I'm adding Arlyn's
      comments (with Arlyn's permission I presume) to the bottom of the
      Week 5 syllabus page.

      http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/week5.ht

      > Also, our list has a new member. Presuming from the email address,
      this must be Lisa Laberge at McGill University in Canada. I don't
      know how many of you have been checking our Wimba site at
      http://www.chariot.net.au/~michaelc/wimba.htm but Lisa recently left
      a message there asking if there were any other voice clients similar
      to Wimba, and I left a message in response suggesting she join our
      group if she was interested in such things. So Lisa obviously
      checked back at Wimba as well and has responded to the message by
      signing on. Or at least I guess that's how it happened, correct me
      if I'm wrong.

      > So Lisa, welcome to our community. We are a group of language
      teaching practitioners who have been getting to know each other for
      the past 6 weeks while sharing with each other what we know about
      applications of technology and CMC in our field. Please write the
      list and introduce yourself. If you'd like to send a photo or other
      information about yourself, we'll add those details here so the
      others can get to know you:

      > http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/community.htm

      http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/communit
      y.htm

      > All the best,
      > Vance
      >
      > Arlyn Freed wrote:
      >
      > > I'm so glad Renata is a member of this listserve
      > > (Renata, this is the list where I wanted to post your
      > > web site). I recently came across Renata's site on
      > > another list and I think it's the cleanest, most
      > > organized and comprehensive site I've seen so far --
      > > truly a great model.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic