540Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Best Ed. site on the web and new member

    Mar 7, 2002
      Hi all,

      I've just awakened on a weekend day in Abu Dhabi and found Arlyn's very kind words in reaction to Renata's letting the list know about her website. What a nice start to the weekend. I'm adding Arlyn's comments (with Arlyn's permission I presume) to the bottom of the Week 5 syllabus page.

      http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/week5.htm
      http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/week5.htm

      Also, our list has a new member. Presuming from the email address, this must be Lisa Laberge at McGill University in Canada. I don't know how many of you have been checking our Wimba site at http://www.chariot.net.au/~michaelc/wimba.htm but Lisa recently left a message there asking if there were any other voice clients similar to Wimba, and I left a message in response suggesting she join our group if she was interested in such things. So Lisa obviously checked back at Wimba as well and has responded to the message by signing on. Or at least I guess that's how it happened, correct me if I'm wrong.

      So Lisa, welcome to our community. We are a group of language teaching practitioners who have been getting to know each other for the past 6 weeks while sharing with each other what we know about applications of technology and CMC in our field. Please write the list and introduce yourself. If you'd like to send a photo or other information about yourself, we'll add those details here so the others can get to know you:

      http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/community.htm
      http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/community.htm

      All the best,
      Vance

      Arlyn Freed wrote:

      > I'm so glad Renata is a member of this listserve
      > (Renata, this is the list where I wanted to post your
      > web site). I recently came across Renata's site on
      > another list and I think it's the cleanest, most
      > organized and comprehensive site I've seen so far --
      > truly a great model.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic