5026Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: problems with geocities

    Nov 2 3:58 AM
      Thank you, Mike, and all those who have given me feedback on how your
      computer performs with Geocities. However, I was expecting a little more
      from my online friends, namely, hints on how to try and solve my problem.

      I tend to think that it's some problem with my computer, because my
      husband's computer, right next to mine, opens any Geocities page very
      quickly. So, what I did earlier this morning was to delete all my cookies
      and see how Geocities performs. I'll let you know. BTW, my first impression
      (and hope it's a lasting one!) is that it's quicker.

      Request: May I ask you all NOT to refer to or use Aiden's page for anything
      yet. I mentioned to it, because it came up in a message, but I've been asked
      not to give it any use for now. I only used Aiden's "fabulously looking
      page" as a timely example of my computer's "very bad" performance (snail's
      pace) in accessing ANY Geocities page. My apologies for my inappropriate

      > Hi Teresa, and all of you who have already replied to her message,
      > The first time I tried to access Aiden's Geocities page at
      > http://www.geocities.com/tesol_evonline/2004sessions/ was on Thursday
      > afternoon, and I had problems similar to what you describe in your
      > message below. I just tried again and the page opened in less than a
      > second. But it is Sunday morning right now. The bandwidth-thieves on
      > the other side of the Atlantic (my fellow Americans) are still
      > sleeping soundly, and Sunday is probably a low-traffic day anyway as
      > compared to Monday through Thursday/Friday.
      > I think that explains the problem quite simply. I don't think it is
      > specific to Portugal. Geocities and other huge sites are simply more
      > sensitive to bandwidth issues than low-traffic sites, imho.
      > Mike
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic