    Aug 23, 2014
      Hi Vance,

      Like Teresa, I also suggest Voxopop. Voicthread is also excellent in setting up class conversations.

      On Saturday, August 23, 2014 8:37 PM, "Fernanda Rodrigues m.f.d.rodrigues@... [evonline2002_webheads]" <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi Christine
      I never tried it myself, so if you try it with students, give us some feedback, please.
      On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 16:42:05 +0000
      "'Bauer-Ramazani, Christine' cbauer-ramazani@... [evonline2002_webheads]" <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Fernanda, Lingt looks like a great new tool that also does what Vance wants to do—see the tutorial. It would certainly work for my course as well, so I will get it set up and try it out. It’s a much newer, flash-based tool and allows for audio (voice-recording or MP3 upload), image, text, and/or YouTube insertion. Responses from students can be given text and/or audio feedback. Very nice--thank you, Fernanda!
      Christine Bauer-Ramazani
      2009-10 Chair, CALL-IS of TESOL
      Instructor, Applied Linguistics Department
      Saint Michael's College                     phone: 802-654-2642
      One Winooski Park                           fax:      802-654-2595
      Colchester, VT 05439-0253
      Das Leben hinterlässt kleine Kratzer, aber es stört uns nicht beim Leuchten!”
      From: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com [mailto:evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com]
      Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2014 11:55 AM
      To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Need help emulating traditional language lab
      Hi Vance
      Take a look at this too:
      On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 19:40:38 +0400
      "Vance Stevens vancestev@... [evonline2002_webheads]" <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      And thanks Fernanda. I have been thinking to set up Moodle because we are also embedding sound files in Hot Potatoes interfaces and would like to have a tool where we could get their scores reported. This would be another reason to do that.
      And Teresa, I just noticed audio from Dennis Oliver in the baw2009 voxopop stream, what a nice remembrance.

      On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 7:34 PM, Vance Stevens <vancestev@...> wrote:
      Thanks Teresa,
      As i recall Voxpop lets users record to the cloud then plays those sounds one after the other, is this correct? What I'm looking for is somewhere the student can hear  a prompt and record a response and get a playback of that conversation (as in a conversation between tower and pilot). Do you think Voxpop would serve in this way?
      and thanks for reminding us about voxpop ... ah mail just in from Fernanda ...
      On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 6:22 PM, 'Teresa Almeida d'Eca' teresadeca@... [evonline2002_webheads] <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Hi Vance!
      I think that Voxopop.com may do the trick. I usually describe it as an audio forum where you have a stream of audio recordings that can play with/without interruption. HTH.
      Hugs,  Teresa

      On Saturday, August 23, 2014, Vance Stevens vancestev@... [evonline2002_webheads] <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Here's an interesting challenge. My colleagues and I teach pilots how to listen to and respond to control towers. We want to design materials where the control tower says something and the pilot can record a response, the tower says something else, the pilot records a response, all in one interface.
      The interface I have in mind is much like an old language lab where audio comes in on one track and the student records on another (the student hears the prompt, presses record, records a prompt) At the end the student can seamlessly play back both tracks to see what s/he sounded like.
      Now this should be in one interface, so it needs to be an audio tool with a gap that the student records in and can play it back seconds later.
      I know this can be done in Audacity but it's a little messy and requires students to use some degree of tech skills to manipulate the audacity interface (I know, they will be flying planes, you would think... <snip snip>).
      Would anyone happen to know of a free tool that can more faithfully emulate that language lab functionality?

      Sent from my iPhone
      Fernanda Rodrigues <m.f.d.rodrigues@...>

      Este email está livre de vírus e malware porque a proteção avast! Antivirus está ativa.
      Fernanda Rodrigues <m.f.d.rodrigues@...>

      Este email está livre de vírus e malware porque a proteção avast! Antivirus está ativa.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic