      From: "Vance Stevens vancestev@... [evonline2002_webheads]" <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: 07/06/2014 19:17 (GMT+01:00)
      To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Reminder: Webheads in Action (WiA) and EFL/ ESL Teachers’ Professional Development Survey

      Thank you Maria and all the others who have contributed to this thread. I think that Maria Irene is a good example of the people Ali wants to hear from. She has been a member of our community for a long time but communicates directly with us only rarely these days, but she is obviously with us, learning with us and contributing as she can.

      I'm glad that Ali's research is getting the attention it deserves from our community. I am happy to see that the interviews appear to be positive experiences. I look forward to Ali's feedback to the community in this example of action research.

      Vance

      On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Maria Irene Albers miaupju@... [evonline2002_webheads] <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Dear Vance and Webheads,
      As a researcher, I know how difficult is to get people completing surveys online, that's why I answered the one Ali sent the very same day I got the message. I wish him the best on this task.
      Greetings to all from a very hot Valencia, Venezuela.

      María Irene Albers de Urriola
      Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
      Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
      Universidad de Carabobo

      On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 7:14 PM, "'Teresa Almeida d'Eca' teresadeca@... [evonline2002_webheads]" <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi Vance and Ali!

      I just completed the survey.

      Ali, if you need to contact me privately, please do so to teresadeca-at-gmail-dot-com. Best wishes in your research.

      Teresa

      On Tuesday, June 3, 2014, Vance Stevens vancestev@... [evonline2002_webheads] <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Dear All,

      I am writing make it clear that I support Ali Bostangioglu's research and to let you know who he is trying to reach with this survey. This is the difficult part, he is particularly interested in having views of people who normally do not participate actively in this community, people who have been with us for some time, who have learned from us by following along, but do not often make themselves known, and who are in fact least likely to volunteer for such a survey. We are concerned that some of you might be reading messages like this and thinking, this does not apply to me. But you might be the ones that Ali would most like to hear from.

      It is of great value to our community when one of its members undertakes such a study. Constraints on the integrity of his data preclude Ali from more actively engaging with us at the moment, but we will all benefit if he is able to reach viable conclusions from having sufficient responses to his survey, and he is willing to report these findings in one of our archived Sunday sessions.

      But the important thing is for you to understand that by virtue of reading this notice no matter what your level of engagement in this community you are in fact a particular focus of this study, and you can make a small payback to this community by taking just ten minutes to provide data to this PhD candidate.

      Here is the link: http://bit.ly/Webheadsurvey

      Thanks, and wishing Ali a fruitful and successful conclusion of his study

      On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 9:52 PM, ab1007@... [evonline2002_webheads] <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Dear Members of Webheads in Action Community,

      I am re-posting this reminder to invite all members (old or new, posting frequently or members who never posted) to participate in the Webheads survey ( http://bit.ly/Webheadsurvey ).

      I believe the survey is also a good chance for the Webheads in Action Community to reflect on its practice. I have talked to Vance Stevens and he agreed for a Learning2gether event in which I will share my findings with the community.

      The survey will be open for participation for the next 7 days and I would really appreciate if you could spare 10 minutes of and participate.

      You can find more information in the original message I posted below.

      Thank you for reading this message.

      Ali Bostancioglu

      Hide message history