31097Re: [ict4elt2014] Re: [baw2013] Radical English renewed

    May 7, 2014
      Hi Jose,

      That's a nice blurb and I've added it to Learning2gether event link. I omitted to provide that link in my last post

      Meanwhile I've updated http://webheadsinaction.org/live to prepare for the Hangout and I've created a Google+ event page

      As a teacher in the process of coping with new iPads in our students' hands, I'm very much looking forward to talking with you,

      till then,
      Vance

      On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 11:48 AM, Jose Antonio da Silva <joseaokc@...> wrote:

      Thanks a lot for inviting me and for spreading the word. It will sure be an honor to share a little of what I have learned about mobile learning in the last couple of years. We have been using iPads in class since 2012 after Carla Arena got a grant with the first set of 20 iPads for one of our branches. Now we have sets in all branches. So we, the teachers at my institution and myself, have done quite a lot in the area of mobile learning. We have also learned to address some of the issues that might surface when one decides to use mobile devices. These are some of things I hope to share with the community.

      Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday

      José Antônio

      Sent from my iPad

      On May 6, 2014, at 14:51, Vance Stevens <vancestev@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      I'm setting up the learning2gether pages for events in May and June.

      I met Judy Thompson in Portland where she, like me, was hanging out in the CALL-IS room. I learned a little about her pronunciation system for English sounds, and of course have been keeping my eye on Radical English.

      When I saw Teresa's post I made a note to ask if you and Judy and others might come on Learning2gether one Sunday and talk about it.  But then I saw Jose Antonio da Silva join in this discussionand thought I'd take this opportunity to announce that Jose will be our featured guest on L2g this Sunday May 11 1400 GMT, in Hangout, streamed live at http://webheadsinaction.org/live

      There is quite a lot going on with L2g. On Monday in Canberra Alex Hayes will be streaming a Google Glass meetup in Hangout from 6:30 a.m. till around 10:00 a.m.  This is awkward hours for me but Alex has agreed to join us  the following Sunday May 18 and catch us up on developments in the world of Glass, an up coming topic (to a classroom near you :-)

      I do hope people from Webheads and BaW and ICT4ELT can join us this Sunday in conversation with Jose on "Mobile Learning Tips and Issues."

      And if that is too early for you keep in mind that Jeff Lebow and his EdTech Talk colleagues meet every Sunday at midnight GMT in Hangout for their new venture I have a question #IHAQ

      Hope to see you in one of those places,

      On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca <teresadeca@...> wrote:

      Hello everyone!

      Please excuse the crossposting.

      Radical English (RE), a group of six EFL/ESL teachers I've been working with for the past year and a half, has a new website at

      We invite you to pay us a visit and follow us through our blog RSS feed. We'll be posting regularly.

      You're welcome to leave comments or send us messages through our Contact form.

      Hugs all,

      Teresa