Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Happy Holidays

(30854)
  • Daniel Bassill
    Dec 24, 2013 Expand Messages
      Hi John,

      Your web site has an extensive library. I encourage you to add www.tutormentorexchange.net (Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC) into the youth organizations section at http://oregonhibbs.com/2013/08/26/youth-organizations/

      Between your library, Curt Bonk's library and mine, we point to a vast world of additional web sites and knowledge. However, I'm more and more concerned that we don't have an effective way to bring others into this knowledge in ways that create shared experiences and shared understanding based on learning from the same ocean of information.

      Instead we have an overwhelming body of knowledge that keeps expanding but we don't have a way to expand the 24 hours a day each person has available for sleeping, eating, working, playing, etc.

      I think cMOOCs are one solution, but they need to be on-going, hosted by many different leaders, and in some cases focused vertically, on all the actions needed over many years to solve a complex problem that is present in many places, or horizontally, connecting many people who deal with different vertical problems/causes but who deal with the same issues .. e.g. funding, learning, network building, etc.

      A MOOC just devoted to this would be significant.

      I'll look forward to continuing this conversation and process of learning with you and others in the coming year.

      Dan Bassill
      Tutor/Mentor Connection
      Tutor/Mentor Institute, LLC