30546Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: WorldCALL 2013 and more

    Jul 27, 2013
      Here in Komodo I find FB to be invaluable in informing my friends and
      acquaintences of where I am and keeping in touch with others, much more
      effective than what we had before.

      I have also been tagged unexpectedly and I simply untag myself if I don't
      like it. As far as I know that solves the problem.

      Facebook is like government, everyone complains about it, no one seems to
      be able to do much about it. It's better having it than not having it.
      It's not ideal. It's probably better than some alternatives.

      FB is what it is, no more no less. you use it under FB's conditions. If
      you don't like those conditions you should either not be on FB or take the
      trouble to learn how to alter the conditions, keeping in mind, as Claire
      says, it's not a one-off learn this and you're set for life proposition.
      You have to keep up.

      Personally, I don't feel threatened by Google or FB. So far I feel that my
      life and online experience have improved through use of both.

      Vance

      --
      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com