30537WorldCALL 2013 and more

  • Rita
    Jul 18, 2013
      Hi, dear friends,

      I've just got back home after attending Glasgow WorldCALL 2013, and then spending two days in Dublin. The Conference was good, met many dear Webheads there –Tom, Claire, Susan, Beyza, Miguel, Carla, Jennifer, Evelyn and others— and we shared interesting experiences, as we always do when we meet f2f. Tom was a wonderful organizer and host, who did his very best to meet everybody's needs and more, and everything ran smoothly and successfully. My public thanks, Tom!!

      And then seeing Dublin was a dream of mine I am so glad I could fulfil. Dubliners are one of the most cheerful people I've ever seen.

      And now there's some interesting comment I want to share. One Webhead was rather annoyed –understandably enough!—at having noticed she had been tagged in one photograph somebody had put up in Facebook. Obviously, the "tagger" was not aware of the fact she would not be pleased at noticing her name up for everybody to see, simply because it was not her choice.

      This proves perfectly well why I am not a FB fan. Even when you open your own personal and private corner this is the risk you run, and which you cannot avoid. But maybe it would be a good idea to bear in mind that "tagging" might not always be welcome, so that we can respect everybody's feelings, as it's our motto in this wonderful community.

      Just a suggestion, having heard a very nice person complain about what I also find most irritating about FB: the lack of total privacy.

      Cheers, looking forward to reactions.
      Rita
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic