29904Re: [evonline2002_webheads] EVO 2013

    Dec 9, 2012
      Hi,

      I'm glad you obliquely informed the webheads list because TI has been a
      fixture for so long. We should point out that membership there is not
      required for interaction. People can still go in as guests and there's
      hardly any difference. But I found what it says at the site

      As of late August, 2012, new member registration has been disabled due to
      issues with the stability of our server. If you're looking for an online
      place to host a new online class, consider edmodo <http://edmodo.com/>.

      I'm at Tapped In now, getting ready to Hangout with Jeff Lebow, and then at
      1500 gmt - Derya Kulavuz-Onal - Developing Technology-Infused
      Culture-Teaching Materials for ESL

      Hope you can join us,

      Vance

      On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
      <teresadeca@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi Vance!
      >
      > We aren't going to have a TI tour because BJ retired from TI and they
      > aren't accepting any new members. So there's no point in showing something
      > participants can't join.
      >
      > BTW, I got the info about no new memberships since last August in the TI
      > homepage.
      >
      > My message below wasn't meant for WiA, and I'm sorry, but now I'm glad you
      > got this info.
      >
      > Hugs, Teresa
      >

      > On Sunday, December 9, 2012, Vance Stevens wrote:
      >
      > > This is interesting information, Teresa. I wasn't aware that TI was going
      > > through changes. This sounds like a retrenchment :-(
      > >
      > > When are you having your BJ tour? I'd like to attend if convenient.
      > >
      > > Vance
      > >

      > > On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM, Teresa Almeida d'Eca
      > > <teresadeca@... <javascript:;>>wrote:
      > >
      > > > **
      >

      > > > Dear Carlinha,
      > > >
      > > > Have the EVO sessions been made public yet? If not, could I change
      > > > something in the Syllabus? Not our fault.
      > > >
      > > > We found out a couple of days ago, when inviting BJ to give us a tour
      > of
      > > > TappedIn, that it is no longer accepting members (since last August).
      > > >
      > > > On the other hand, BJ retired from TI after 14 years. What a fabulous
      > > > job she did! :-)
      > > >
      > > > So, if possible, we'd like to remove the tour of TI from the week 1
      > > > description in the Syllabus.
      > > >
      > > > Hope to hear from you. TIA.
      > > >
      > > > Beijinhos, Teresa
      > >

      > --