26942Webheads:You are my strength!

  • Hala Fawzi
    Dec 1, 2010
      Dear Webheads,Do
      you memorize the lyrics of Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me? If not, I would love
      you to read my words below while you’re listening the song, please: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-GONSfwnE&feature=related

      It
      took me 5 month to write this message. Sorry! The pace of my life was moving/running
      like crazy. So many events and so many major decisions had to be taken. Btw,
      you don’t need to reply to this message. I am just sharing my joy, again and
      again, with this amazing list.

      You, webheads,
      taught me how use online tools for my professional development and how to use
      them with my students. I am now considered the pioneer in the field: http://blendedenglish09.pbworks.com/w/page/7503048/FrontPage

      I taught
      my kids (18, 12) how to create effective presentation and what to do to grab their audience attention. They always used to get
      the highest mark, asked by their teachers where did they learn about that!

      In
      April, I had my first chapter published (Chapter 17). https://calico.org/page.php?id=516

      I was so
      excited then to have a look the book, but couldn’t CALICO in Sudan. Vance took
      a screenshot for me. http://www.screencast.com/users/vances/folders/Jing/media/2bfdd1ab-6b2a-4a17-bf20-81d5a4fc1cf8

      Lawan
      Dalha offered to get my free copy sent from Canada, to Nigeria and send it back
      to me, because it can’t be shipped directly to Sudan.

      In May,
      2010, I got my PhD on blended learning, the first on blended learning in Sudan.
      You are the ones who taught me the first steps on the online learning path.

      In July,
      got a certificate from the American English Institute, University of Oregon
      with very high grade:

       http://umbc.uoregon.edu/eteacher/webskills/index.html%c2%a0

      http://e-hala-course.blogspot.com/

      In
      August, 2010, during my 38 week pregnancy, I had participated as a trainer for
      one day in a workshop with the British Council and University of Khartoum:

      http://ictineltsudan.pbworks.com/w/page/27984456/Day-3

      I’ve learned
      from you how to succeed, in spite of the challenges and obstacles, I face.

      You
      taught me it’s O.K. to ask for help. You showed me how one should always lend a
      helping hand. When I did ask for help, Carla was there for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlcZ5WazfQ&feature=player_embedded

      Nellie,
      always ready to extend a helping hand, was there too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9OoSdXzWLo&feature=player_embedded

      Teresa,
      Cris and others responded and didn’t want to leave me alone, so they dropped
      by:

      http://todaysmeet.com/ictinelt-sudan

      Even
      those who apologized were sad for not being able to make it. (Thanks Graham!)

      In October, looking for a better life,
      I moved to Saudi Arabia to work at Yanbu University College. Guess what? I
      thought about “webehads” the minute I laid my eyes on my new teaching schedule “Educational
      Technology” course was among other linguistics courses. I was told that only last
      year this course started, and it was not a success. Now, I am nominated for the
      position of the e-learning Coordinator for the female campus.

      And now,
      as part of introducing my students to synchronous tools, I asked Buth to present
      about her projects with her students,  as
      we share the same context in some way. She accepted! The presentation will be at
      Ellumiante next week.

      Thank
      you for everything that you’ve done for me, for my life, my career. You were
      there to help me whenever I needed you. For all the dreams you made come
      true...I'll be forever thankful!

      It’s a privilege
      to be part of this community.P {
      MARGIN: 0px