2101Re: [evonline2002_webheads] html and ppt

  • Thomas Robb
    Dec 2, 2002
      Hi, this is Tom Robb, an infrequent visitor to webhead land.

      I'm wondering why Aiden prefers to upload the files in HTML format when
      these days many people can view the PowerPoint (.ppt) file directly. The
      original Powerpoint file takes up considerably less space than the same
      contents converted into HTML because Powerpoint has to convert each slide
      into a separate graphic, plus graphics for each element that appears in the
      slide during the presentation. This eats up a LOT of extra space.

      I have a presentation, for example, which contains 26 slides that takes up
      264 kb has a .ppt file, but 3.8 mb when (expanded) into a set of HTML
      documents. If you are really interested in saving space, then just FTP
      the original .ppt files and save a bundle of space!

      Cheers,
      --Tom

      ** Thomas Robb, Kyoto Sangyo University, Japan <trobb@...-su.ac.jp> **
      ** Homepage: http://www.kyoto-su.ac.jp/~trobb/index.html **