2094Re: html and ppt- Welcome!

  • Dafne
    Dec 1, 2002
      Hello Arnold,

      Welcome to this community, and thanks for the help you are providing!
      It is nice to see new members getting right into action. We really
      appreciate that!

      Cheers,
      Daf

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., Aiden Yeh <aidenyeh@y...> wrote:

      > Hello, Arnold and welcome to this group. You seem to pretty much
      understand my situation right now ;-) Impressive.
      > You wrote: You are
      > talking about creating a folder in the Geocities file manager on
      the site
      > and then uploading file by file into this folder? But maybe you can
      upload
      > the entire folder plus contents in one go... (plus the starter
      file).

      > i have already uploaded the starter file (writing1119.html) into
      geocities. I understand that I also need to upload the folder with
      files into the same directory (writing). however, when I tried to do
      just that, geocities file manager opened the folder's contents and I
      gather that I have to upload them one by one. how can I upload the
      entire folder with contents in one go? Is there a short cut to this?
> [...]
      >
      > Hope this helps.
      >
      > Arnold
      > (I am new to this group)
      >

      > At 19:31 30-11-2002 -0800, you wrote:
      >
      > >Here I go again with my powerpoint hullabaloo. It's really a lot
      easier to
      > >save and upload powerpoint presentations in .ppt files, however,
      they also
      > >take up a lot of space. As it turns out, the easy way around isn't
      always
      > >the wisest. I'm using geocities and because of the amount and load
      of
      > >files that i've used recently excedes the minimum file allocations
      for a
      > >free geocities account, I had to upgrade to GeoPlus. And now that
      i've
      > >uploaded ppt files, i'm about to run out of space soon, so I have
      to think
      > >of other ways to reduce this space consumption or I'd have to
      upgrade
      > >services to GeoPro-in which I'm not personally convinced that I
      really do
      > >need GeoPro- well, not at this stage.
      > >
      > >Here's an example of a page that I've finished. The contents are
      original
      > >works and writings of my students (unedited version). If you click
      on the
      > >links on powerpoint presentations, you will notice that the other
      one
      > >(Beatrice's) work leads you to .ppt file ( a huge file) and the
      other one
      > >(Jane's) only took up 2 KB saved in html file is nowhere to be
      found,
      > >inspite the fact that I've already uploaded the html file
      successfully.

      ><http://www.geocities.com/aidenyeh/nkfust/writing/jane_beatrice.html>
      http://www.geocities.com/aidenyeh/nkfust/writing/jane_beatrice.html

      > >I have Step by Step Powerpoint book and it says that powerpoint
      creates a
      > >folder with the same name as the powerpoint presentation. In this
      folder
      > >is a set of files that powerpoint uses to display the presentation
      on the
      > >web. If I move the powerpoint presentation to another location
      (Geocities
      > >file manager), then I would need to move this folder, too. now, I
      tried
      > >doing that, and when I opened the folder, there are about more
      than 20
      > >graphics and images that I need to upload one by one! Do I have to
      upload
      > >them one by one? Should I create a new folder (subdirectory) for
      this?

      > >Perhaps, this folder is the culprit why my powerpoint html can't
      be viewed
      > >properly. It's like the backbone of this html file and without it,
      my html
      > >pwerpoint presnetation is good for nothing.

      705080709:HM/A=1327985/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870024;7586
      687;x?http://www.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?
      ad=Yahoo01>186d2c8c.jpg
      > >186d2d18.jpg