19837Re: Robin Good - George Siemens - Interview and Webheads 10th anniversary

  • Nina Liakos
    Sep 2, 2008
      Webheads rule! We should have a 10th anniversary party. Tapped In,
      anyone?
      And thanks, Vance, for all your links and facts; I am working through
      them as I also prepare for the beginning of the semester. When I get
      all my ducks in a row, I will respond with a couple of requests for
      clarification.
      Hugs,
      Nina

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Vance Stevens"
      <vstevens@...> wrote:

      > While we're on the videos thread, this one was Twittered last night,
      > 55 minutes but worth at least 60:
      > http://www.youtube.com/user/mwesch - not to be missed!
      >
      > Meanwhile, on the passage of time, Sept 3 quickly becomes the 8th
      > and then !! the 13th!!!!
      >
      > What happens on the 13th? Webheads will have its tenth anniversary.
      > Here is a little history of Webheads from an email I just sent Nina,
      > who is digging for facts on Webheads for her presentation soon:
      >
      > Our first recorded chat was Sept 13, 1998
      > http://prosites-vstevens.homestead.com/files/efi/chat1998.htm
      >
      > Writing for Webheads was started by me, Maggi Doty, and Michael
      > Coghlan even before that (but Sept 13 was the date of the first
      > recorded meeting we preserved).
      >
      > You can find a little more history here:
      > http://prosites-
      > vstevens.homestead.com/files/efi/papers/tesol/publications/gvs26oct20
      > 05.htm
      >
      > Writing for Webheads is still an online group at
      > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/efiwebheads/. There are 300
      > enrolled (non-bouncing) members but negligible activity lately. But
      > by 2001 WfW was being overwhelmed with native-speaker teachers and
      > the language-learner voices were tapering off. This is where I got
      > the idea to start a group just for teachers, and chose EVO to do so,
      > in the 2002 sessions:
      > http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads_e
      > vo.htm. This group (the one that sends you these messages) has
      > around 750 members.
      >
      > Since 2004 Dafne Gonzalez and Teresa Almeida d'Eca thought we needed
      > a session that would try and restore the magic of the original, so
      > they created Becoming a Webheads, and they have been running those
      > courses each January ever since.
      >
      > Of course they were right and the magic is still there ;-)
      >
      > You can find more about Webheads at
      > http://webheads.info
      > and http://webheadsinaction.org
      >
      > I think I'll shoot for Sept 13 to kick off planning for our next
      > WiAOC online unconvergence in May 2009. More on that later.
      >
      > Vance
      >

      > > Yes, Mireille. Just checked it! It's september 8, but people are
      > still
      > > introducing themselves at the Dekita Kitchen. Have a coffee with
      > us there!
      > >

      > > On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 5:43 PM, mireille <mireille10@> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hi Barbara
      > > >
      > > > I thought the connectivism course starts Sept 08th
      > > >
      > > > Mireille

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic