18722RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Re: Twitter - Crowdstatus

  • Squires, Robert
    May 1, 2008
      Michael,

      I have been thinking the same thing, and here is an
      application I am considering. We have a group of 48 teachers visiting
      this summer from Korea for a professional training program. In addition
      to having a wiki for the program, I thought it would be nice for the
      group to be represented on crowd status. They could visit through the
      wiki and see what the rest of their colleagues are up to during their
      stay in Missoula. I think a twitter insert in the sidebar wouldn't give
      the full scope of the groups investigations. They also may want to share
      a quick link or two that they come across in their methodology classes.
      I expect crowd status to broaden communication among the participants,
      highlight the options available to the group and also remain a resource
      for continuing collaboration after the end of the program. I would also
      like to draw previous programs into the crowd, so that teachers can be
      in touch with those that have come before and will come after.

      Best,

      Robert